NHL Discussion

Coutures nothing but a uglier less talented doppelgänger of Sid

lol yes!

ugh, that game was rough...  going into it, i honestly didn't have much hope, but with the game being much closer tonight, i started to get a little more hope.  only to have it crushed.

as far as who i cheer for, i live in orange county but i grew up in ventura county (45 min NW of DTLA) so that's why i'm a kings fan.  an ex-bf got me into hockey and the kings back in 1994.  i also watched the rangers win the cup that year and it cemented my interest in hockey so that's why the rags are a close 2nd or 3rd.  it's interchangeable with the habs because i also watched patrick roy at the time and i like reading their media in french.  if quebec were still around, i'd be a fan of them also.

i have watched the rangers a little less this year though because i hate vigneault and i kind of think st. louis asking for a trade was a bitch move.

i have watched the rangers a little less this year though because i hate vigneault and i kind of think st. louis asking for a trade was a bitch move.

If you were unhappy with the way your boss was treating you, would you stay at your job? Chances are you wouldnt. Not to mention he's a vet who wants to win another cup, and Tampa wasnt and wont be a cup contender for the next 2 years. 

If you were unhappy with the way your boss was treating you, would you stay at your job? Chances are you wouldnt. Not to mention he's a vet who wants to win another cup, and Tampa wasnt and wont be a cup contender for the next 2 years.

but was he really mistreated? he wanted a trade because he didn't make team canada. sorry, but he's old and canada has a wealth of young talent. then he was still butt hurt even though he was basically the next runner up and got his chance once it was determined that stamkos wouldn't be ready. I dunno, just not a fan of egos like that. it's also not like he's never won a cup and wanted to finish his career somewhere where there'd finally be a chance (like bourque going from boston to Colorado). don't get me wrong, if the rangers win this year, I won't be mad. I probably just would be a little less pumped for them than usual and that actually has more to do with vigneault with St. Louis being secondary. I don't think they'll get it this year anyway though, but we'll see.

but was he really mistreated? he wanted a trade because he didn't make team canada. sorry, but he's old and canada has a wealth of young talent. then he was still butt hurt even though he was basically the next runner up and got his chance once it was determined that stamkos wouldn't be ready. I dunno, just not a fan of egos like that. it's also not like he's never won a cup and wanted to finish his career somewhere where there'd finally be a chance (like bourque going from boston to Colorado). don't get me wrong, if the rangers win this year, I won't be mad. I probably just would be a little less pumped for them than usual and that actually has more to do with vigneault with St. Louis being secondary. I don't think they'll get it this year anyway though, but we'll see.

But its winning a cup in New York. There is nothing more special to a player than winning a championship in one of the biggest cities in America. Especially New York. He also has a house in CT and spends his whole off season there. I dont think they'll get it this year either, but Id be a liar if I didnt tell you they have a pretty good shot at it. 

But its winning a cup in New York. There is nothing more special to a player than winning a championship in one of the biggest cities in America. Especially New York. He also has a house in CT and spends his whole off season there. I dont think they'll get it this year either, but Id be a liar if I didnt tell you they have a pretty good shot at it.

They're the only team in the east with any chance at Boston, even if that chance is very slim.