What video games have you been playing?

Did you already purchase Thief? I rented it from a place and played it, and personally I thought it wasn't very good. Felt like a watered down Dishonored personally. And the controls were very gimmicky. I looooooovvveedddd Dishonored though, so it wasn't the style of the game, just the execution of the final product.

Haven't yet. I realized I have to get through the rest of the Mass Effect trilogy and work some on Dark Souls. Good looking out though, maybe I'll check it out before buying it now.  I was hoping it would be as good as the original.

Did anybody see the new Call of Duty gameplay from E3? It kinda looks like the blended Titanfall with call of duty. jet packs on your back and such. It actually looks pretty good. 

Sounds like the CoD formula. See what other innovative games are doing, then follow along as if it's their own. Otherwise let the brand identity sell the product.

Also, been playing through Blue Dragon recently. They didn't do a very good job translating Akira Toriyama's character designs to 3d. Story is pretty weak too. There are some pretty set pieces, though, and the gameplay is really fun to me. It has been satisfying my turn-based rpg desire on a console not really known for them. I kind of want to find a copy of Eternal Sonata after this. It looks super cutesy, but the gameplay looks interesting.

How awesome are we talking? I'm on the fence for this game.

It's pretty sweet. Movement feel a little more like Borderlands than Halo used to, but the battles are very similar.  Most of the enemies behave like Elites did, hiding behind cover, flanking, etc.  The Hive and Fallen even make sounds like the smaller Halo enemies did.

Game seems pretty well put together, I don't want to spoil too much, but it will be interesting how single-player rewards will affect your multiplayer.  You unlock armor and weapons and capes based on quests and ranking in single/party play and you can use those items in multiplayer, which gives you a ton of options and should keep multiplayer really interesting for different play types.

Vehicles are great, you can summon a motorbike thing with no weapon at any time in single player and on multiplayer maps that allow vehicles, so you never have to worry about huge treks across empty terrain.  Pikes are the new ghosts and are basically your bike plus a gun. Interceptors are basically super fast and sleek wraiths... I expect they will be nerfed because I was wrecking with them.

Basically, single player feels like Halo with armor and weapon rewards for quests instead of just straight story.  Multiplayer doesn't exactly feel like Halo, because it's too wide open for that... I'm not sure what I could compare it to but it's good.  The response is pretty good, controls make sense, nothing seems blatantly overpowered or abuseable (yet)... It's pretty exciting. TONS of things to rank up in, unlock, etc.

Sounds like the CoD formula. See what other innovative games are doing, then follow along as if it's their own. Otherwise let the brand identity sell the product.

Also, been playing through Blue Dragon recently. They didn't do a very good job translating Akira Toriyama's character designs to 3d. Story is pretty weak too. There are some pretty set pieces, though, and the gameplay is really fun to me. It has been satisfying my turn-based rpg desire on a console not really known for them. I kind of want to find a copy of Eternal Sonata after this. It looks super cutesy, but the gameplay looks interesting.

I've been super interested in Eternal Sonata since it came out, but haven't tried it yet. Has to be worth the...what, like $7 to download from the xbox store or whatever it's called. I just have too many games to play now!

Also, Destiny. That game looks like it'll be a ton of fun, I'm glad you're liking it!

Really bummed that I got accepted for the Destiny alpha and I'm out of town for work.

Boo we coulda jammed together.  Let me know once you're on. Dunno if you can matchmake like that yet though anyway.

You can also only get to level 8 (which is funny when you start getting weapon and armor rewards you can't equip :(

Play the "Earth" (single player) missions until level 7 or 8, then try out the crucible.  Almost everyone in crucible (PVP) is max level 8 now and the gear is much better than the level 3-6 gear!

I can't wait to go home and play it for a few more hours and not even level up. It's that much fun. Gonna play it til they turn it off.

Boo we coulda jammed together. Let me know once you're on. Dunno if you can matchmake like that yet though anyway.

You can also only get to level 8 (which is funny when you start getting weapon and armor rewards you can't equip :(

Play the "Earth" (single player) missions until level 7 or 8, then try out the crucible. Almost everyone in crucible (PVP) is max level 8 now and the gear is much better than the level 3-6 gear!

I can't wait to go home and play it for a few more hours and not even level up. It's that much fun. Gonna play it til they turn it off.

Are you on PS4 or X1? I just got my Alpha code