What video games have you been playing?

I wasn't super into the first Borderlands, it felt kind of bland compared to the second one (which I had played first). I felt like you can see the building blocks of what will become an excellent game in the first one, but it's just not there yet. The Pre-Sequel is fun, the writing is especially excellent, but it felt short compared to the second and it needed way more beta testing before it got released. It's pretty broken.

Currently playing Valdis Story: Abyssal City on PC. It's a Metroidvania-style game with a little more RPG elements like upgrading your skills and magic.

I'm a few hours in and it's pretty good. I like that it doesn't hold your hand and let's you do a good job of discovering stuff on your own. My biggest complaint is that there are parts that the game gives no explanation for. I think there's supposed to be crafting because I have an inventory full of stuff with no idea how to use it.

Started playing Diablo III on Xbox One yesterday. Wow. I'm kicking myself for never getting into these games earlier. 

It's fun til endgame imo!

That's how I was with the "vanilla" version on the 360! I liked grinding D3 more than Destiny though... and I've heard it's much funner with the Reaper of Souls expansion.

I need to hurry and buy a One so I can do that with all my friends... and they announced the remastered State of Decay today also! That is such a great zombie/survival/horror/simulation!

I may be the only one, but I'm really hoping for an "HD remake collection" of the Uncharted games sometime before the new one comes out.   Mainly because I never had a PS3 and I've always wanted to play them really bad.

Oh, and also another God Of War remake collection.  Once again, another series I've wanted to play so bad.

I may be the only one, but I'm really hoping for an "HD remake collection" of the Uncharted games sometime before the new one comes out. Mainly because I never had a PS3 and I've always wanted to play them really bad.

Oh, and also another God Of War remake collection. Once again, another series I've wanted to play so bad.

Agreed on GoW. Dark Souls. Uncharted. These should be out for ps4. And not on psnow.

It would probably be cheaper to buy a ps3 and all those games used than to rent each for a month from psnow lol

I may be the only one, but I'm really hoping for an "HD remake collection" of the Uncharted games sometime before the new one comes out. Mainly because I never had a PS3 and I've always wanted to play them really bad.

Oh, and also another God Of War remake collection. Once again, another series I've wanted to play so bad.

To be honest I'm getting a little burnt out on re-releases, especially when most of the last gen games still look great. However if Nintendo did this I'd be excited, they're re-releasing Wii games on the Wii U but they're not giving them any new treatment (upping the resolution, adding new control options). I'll probably buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy because it'll be $10 for the first week of release, but I'm not too excited to play an SD game on an HDTV from a current gen console using wiimote pointer controls. Bleh.

http://deals.kinja.com/the-new-pokemon-games-are-only-27-right-now-1680855370/+shepmcallister

Everyone should check this out. Awesome prices. Uncharted 4 and Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 preorders 20 bucks off and more...

Daaaaaamn! Thinking about snagging KH3. Wish they had the normal arkham knight for $40. That's be a no brainer for me.

To be honest I'm getting a little burnt out on re-releases, especially when most of the last gen games still look great. However if Nintendo did this I'd be excited, they're re-releasing Wii games on the Wii U but they're not giving them any new treatment (upping the resolution, adding new control options). I'll probably buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy because it'll be $10 for the first week of release, but I'm not too excited to play an SD game on an HDTV from a current gen console using wiimote pointer controls. Bleh.

Yeah, not so into the Wii-mote controls, but I think the visuals of those games will still hold up pretty well even without an HD makeover. I only ever played the first Prime and I'm curious as to how the motion controls work out with all the platforming that goes on in that game as I felt the control scheme was really well balanced already.

I thought about it, but I think i'd rather get that stuff on release day. even with expedited shipping ($9!!) the quickest it'll arrive is like 3 days after it comes out. I can just pre-order them at best buy, pickup on release day w/ a $10 reward zone certificate on top. I just broke even and got the game sooner. only great deal is the batman collectors edition but again, i'm keeping my order w/ amazon because I can get it on release day.

it's actually a worse deal than the B2G1 deal that target and toysrus run semi-annually, unless there's only 1 game that you want and you don't mind waiting.

I thought about it, but I think i'd rather get that stuff on release day. even with expedited shipping ($9!!) the quickest it'll arrive is like 3 days after it comes out. I can just pre-order them at best buy, pickup on release day w/ a $10 reward zone certificate on top. I just broke even and got the game sooner. only great deal is the batman collectors edition but again, i'm keeping my order w/ amazon because I can get it on release day.

it's actually a worse deal than the B2G1 deal that target and toysrus run semi-annually, unless there's only 1 game that you want and you don't mind waiting.

MH4U comes out the same day as Majoras Mask for 3ds, so I have no problem playing Majora's for a week while Monster Hunter ships for 13 bucks off.  And Uncharted.. whatever, the pre-order is $20 bucks off. No issues saving 20 bucks to wait a few extra days. That's the best price you'll see at a Gamestop for at least 4 months after release day.

MH4U comes out the same day as Majoras Mask for 3ds, so I have no problem playing Majora's for a week while Monster Hunter ships for 13 bucks off.  And Uncharted.. whatever, the pre-order is $20 bucks off. No issues saving 20 bucks to wait a few extra days. That's the best price you'll see at a Gamestop for at least 4 months after release day.

yeah fuck gamestop anyway haha. I never go there. better off on gohastings.com when they run a 30% off sale.

I don't mind paying a little extra, getting it back in RZ credit to best buy, and getting the game on release date.

I finally finished assassin's creed III. I absolutely HATE the desmond stuff. I dont like that i complete the final mission then have to dick around with his story for 45 minutes.

I don't think I'm a real fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise. I've only played the first one, (never finished because I got bored/frustrated doing the same thing over and over) and I hate shit like you mentioned in AC3. I'm not going to try the others, I'll stick to Batman and SoM for that kind of stuff.

I think I feel the same way. Everyone keeps saying, "try one of the other ones," but I don't even want to.

I played them for a bit myself, and more than anything I watched my roommate in college play them. Every. Night. It's the most boring game I've ever had the misfortune of watching. 8 v 1 battles where the 8 guys form a circle around you and attack 1 by 1 and all you have to do is parry and kill each one. Over and over. BLEH. I'll admit like runnign and climbing was fun for the first 15 minutes. Jumping off ym first eagles nest was like "woah, cool" but, after that? All the forced-story missions or stupid "run around the city and collect 90 things in 20 seconds and if you miss a jump start over" nonsense. Just not my thing.

Always glad other people can enjoy a game, no matter how awful I think it is. But, yeah, never ever felt like I was missing out by not picking up an AC game.

I played them for a bit myself, and more than anything I watched my roommate in college play them. Every. Night. It's the most boring game I've ever had the misfortune of watching. 8 v 1 battles where the 8 guys form a circle around you and attack 1 by 1 and all you have to do is parry and kill each one. Over and over. BLEH. I'll admit like runnign and climbing was fun for the first 15 minutes. Jumping off ym first eagles nest was like "woah, cool" but, after that? All the forced-story missions or stupid "run around the city and collect 90 things in 20 seconds and if you miss a jump start over" nonsense. Just not my thing.

Always glad other people can enjoy a game, no matter how awful I think it is. But, yeah, never ever felt like I was missing out by not picking up an AC game.

Word. That's why I think I like SoM. You're not really forced into anything, and when you get swarmed by dudes, you get SWARMED.

Plus it's Lord of the Rings, which is tits.

It can be kind of repetitive, but I don't hate that sometimes for some mindless time wasting.