What video games have you been playing?

I'm just about level 9 and feel like I go just above positive or more, in pretty much every game.

Primary: Marshal A-1

Secondary: Preacher MK11

Special:Sargon B2 (rarely use, only on vehicle-heavy maps)

For close range, I shoot once with the shotgun then throw the knife or just melee.

Knife throw is my favorite thing. But, when it isn't ready for use it REALLY fucks me over.

Here are some codes for Destiny:

The codes also unlock shaders and emblems. Shaders change the color of your Guardian's equipment to give him or her a little individuality. Emblems are backgrounds for your character's nameplate. Again, there's no effect on your character's actual capabilities.

Grimoire Cards

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9

Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A

Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH

Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY

Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K

Hive: 473-MXR-3X9

Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3

Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC

Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA

The Tower: 69P-VCH-337

The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L

Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP

The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG

Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A

The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V

The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7

Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN

Emblems

Sign of the Finite: 7F9-767-F74

Binding Focus: FJ9-LAM-67F

Illusion of Light: JD7-4CM-HJG

Ab Aeterno: JDT-NLC-JKM

Field of Light: JNX-DMH-XLA

Lone Focus, Jagged Edge: 7CP-94V-LFP

Shaders:

Double Banshee: 7MM-VPD-MHP

Oracle 99: RXC-9XJ-4MH

Finished the main story mission last night. I'm level 18 now. Story was... Pretty disappointing. But, looking forward to running through the strike playlist and crucible. Once you beat the game you can FINALLY start accumulating the rep needed to buy the level 20 gear from all the vendors at the tower. So, that's cool.

I'm really hoping the endgame is awesome because I'm pretty down about the story. It was awful. The world's were open but totally empty. Halo had skulls and secrets and it was closed world. Destiny has more empty caves than any game I've ever seen. You can't even climb up a lot of the scenery, there's just the ceiling Meh... Feeling conflicted. glad I like the pvp but I expected more from rest of the game.

If they don't announce like 5 more story-mode length episodes for free this is the most disappointing story mode I've played since... Not even sure when. 3 npcs plus your ghost and it took how long to create this game?

Agree. I can't believe how unrewarding it is to explore in this game. 

All the missions are the same too. Just hold off waves until a boss comes. Maybe they should have focused on the MMO portion and skipped PvP or something because I'm not seeing a ton of reply value in current form.

And while I'm on this, I've been thinking about it the entire way to work and I just got in... I may ramble a bit but there's some things I just can't take...

This game is basically an excuse for Bungie to make Halo games again and not call them Halo. They incorporated Borderlands elements and turned this game into some sort of Halolands frankenbaby... but the game doesn't hold up even half way close to either of those two series.

The story is SO empty. The caves are empty. The lands are empty. The enemies spawn in the same spots in the same formations every 2 minutes.  There's nothing to find but ten dead ghosts and 5 treasure chests per world. What?? Seriously?  The story doesn't explain, or even attempt to explain, why the hell you are doing what you're doing

did I miss something huge or did we just go see the Fallen queen because some random stranger we met said we should, then took her challenge, because why not, then her brother was a douche to us because.... I don't know why. then we risk our life to kill.... a heart? of a robot? I thought we were after "a single mind". Shouldn't the vex be dead now? They're still all over mars.

Meaningless.  Why don't ANY of the species of enemies we fight speak? At all. Any sign of intelligence in any of them? Also, we use a sparrow, and NONE of our enemies use any sort of mode of transportation? Huge deficit from Halo where the vehicles were so ingenius and rewarding (and I never say that. I HATE vehicles in shooters.)

Let's talk a little bit more about the enemies... how are they AT ALL different from Halo?  Dregs = grunts, Vandals = Brutes, Piso = Banshee, Phalanx = banshee with shield, Legionary = Jetpack brute, there are Elites and Ultras in each species AND THEY ARE EVEN CALLED ELITES AND ULTRAS, the elites even get a temporary invulnerability shield when you first shoot them... sound at all familiar? All 3 species are even direct clones of each other. I don't know all the enemies names off the top of my head but what the hell man... there is NO VARIATION in this game.

4 people talk outside of your ghost and the 3 lines your own character spits out.

The Fallen Queen, The Fallen Queen's brother, The mysterious "Not a Guardian", and the Speaker.

. In the whole game. THE WHOLE GAME!

Sorry for the rant, but I've found the single player aspect insanely disappointing. The gameplay was good, the worlds LOOK good. But there's ZERO heart. There's NO story. and the whole thing is EMPTY.

:\ All that said I still like it so far... but wow.

The enemies use a former of a sparrow with guns on the moon but that's it. Yeah it's pretty much Halo. They should have done more cut scenes to flesh out the story and have some of the big bads speak. But honestly the only story in Halo that I cared about was Reach. I don't mind the generic Sci Fi story but it definitely could have been fleshed out more. It's a pretty good game and I still have faith that the franchise will get better over time.

In my opinion Bungie's stories have always been a mess. Halo had a little more narrative in with the action and it was a little more cohesive, but it was always pretty stupid. 

So much this.  Cut scenes and dialogue have always felt super ham-fisted and even a little awkward in the Halo series.  I'm getting the same impression from the few I've caught on Destiny so far.  But I suppose we can't all weave a tale like Naughty Dog can.

Anyways, I got a very late start to the game and am currently level 4, just messing around and trying to find better weapons.  I'm avoiding any strikes or fireteam-based missions until I find others to play with... but considering my low level, that may prove to be a little more challenging.  I hope to make some good progress today.

(Also, apologies to you, Batman, for not making it on last night as I intended.  I know you said you'll be around today.  If you and-or another VCer happen to be on and want to form a party, let me know.  I'd be down.)

So much this.  Cut scenes and dialogue have always felt super ham-fisted and even a little awkward in the Halo series.  I'm getting the same impression from the few I've caught on Destiny so far.  But I suppose we can't all weave a tale like Naughty Dog can.

Anyways, I got a very late start to the game and am currently level 4, just messing around and trying to find better weapons.  I'm avoiding any strikes or fireteam-based missions until I find others to play with... but considering my low level, that may prove to be a little more challenging.  I hope to make some good progress today.

(Also, apologies to you, Batman, for not making it on last night as I intended.  I know you said you'll be around today.  If you and-or another VCer happen to be on and want to form a party, let me know.  I'd be down.)

It definitely evens out the enemy health when someone at a low level is in the same fireteam as me. Last night I played with my level 1 friend and my bullets were doing 150 damage to the head while his were doing 20ish and it took about the same amount of shots for each of us to take down the same enemy.

Of course the abilites and weapons will still give the advantage to the higher level player though so it might be frustrating for you playing with people that have more potentially lethal things at their disposal.

I really like the idea of the soft level cap in this game

Question for the no-lifer ;)

Do you keep gaining new abilities even after you hit the cap? I switched to my subclass at 15 and I've been unlocking skills even when I don't level up in #.  That continues, right? I was pretty surprised that the subclass takes you back to base and you have to regain double jump etc.