What video games have you been playing?

I played the first three missions solo yesterday. There is no reason you couldn't play and enjoy this game by yourself. I think you'll get the most out of it playing with friends but it holds up otherwise. At least for the first part.

Anyone play in the Crucible at all yesterday?

Just played the crucible with six friends! It was awesome. I wish the fire teams could be more than 3 people.

I just looked around all over Bungie's companion site and managed to set up a permanent "Clan"

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/215158

I think you should be able to join from that link. From what I can tell we can edit the name and motto and "about" sections at any time if we decide to take it more seriously. I've activated it just for PS4 for right now, but I think I can extend it to Xbox too if we want.

Join up if you wanna know what's up in the world of VC Destiny. Comes with a message board/wall and we should be able to see when we're online at the same time to meet up for games.

I sent a request as well

Yeah they can be. Plus they can be kinda long. I am having trouble with the Vex. Man they are relentless. It also makes it tough that I am a gunslinger so I only have 4 shots at a time. Soloing these story missions are making me start to regret being one. Oh well I like a challenge.

Yep, I had similar experiences, except when Olsvik and I teamed up.

I can't tell if everyone in the world I'm placed in is doing different missions, or if everyone has just been feeling very exploratory since the game just came out. I'll admit I haven't been exploring nearly as much as I could, as I've really just been doing story missions straight through.

If you're on a story mission, when you get to the part that restricts spawning it automatically gets rid of anyone not in your fireteam. When you see people in a level they can be doing any mission or just patrolling. I like how it's set up.

i have a mixed view on destiny so far. not a fan of the crucible, it's just cluster fucky. i really like the FPS aspects though, and it's really beautiful graphically. been using the hand cannon and destroying stuff. the missions in patrol are really repetitive... but I've had a lot of fun with the story missions and the strike last night. i think it ended up taking about an hour and it was intense most of that time. there's a fun game in there, but it's just convoluted.  I guess I just wanted it to be as good as mass effect or halo, and it's not...

I guess I just wanted it to be as good as mass effect or halo, and it's not...

Those are different types of games though. I'd compare it to Borderlands and give it the nod over it because of the Crucible.

Talking to people about this game off the internet has been funny. Everyone is so hyped yet know nothing about how the game works haha.

Those are different types of games though. I'd compare it to Borderlands and give it the nod over it because of the Crucible.

Talking to people about this game off the internet has been funny. Everyone is so hyped yet know nothing about how the game works haha.

This is so true lol

I got absolutely destroyed in Crucible. What loadouts are you using? 

Looks like I averaged 1.2 K/D but I had a few games of around 3.6 K/D so, it's mixed. Couple games had max level guys just running train.

Loadout is whatever terrible level ten armor I had... best Special is Rocket Launcher in my opinion... I had a level 2 Rocket Launcher that does 30 damage (lol) and I was using it instead of my machine guns and sniper rifles with 100+ damage.. it was much better .Multi kills easily.

Weapon: Scout Rifle  (just my preference as I try to perfect headshots) [most people were using Auto rifles]

Secondary: This is up to you... I do NOT like the shotgun spread. The fusion rifles are boss if you can adjust to the charge time.

Special: Rocket Launcher. Nothing else has come close for me.

I'm only going to go into Crucible to fill easy Bounties.  The story mode missions themselves won't get you to 20. So, I stock up on story bounties, finish them, then do the same for crucible. But yeah, as balanced as the weapons/armor are it's the abilities where you suffer. Higher levels have better effects like AoE grenades that stick around for 10 seconds, ability extenders, etc.  Additionally, the higher level equipment grants you things like increased reload speed, extra ammo, rocket spread, better scopes, etc. I won't feel "right" about crucible til i'm level 20.

Re: Comparison of Destiny to Borderlands - is there a loot system similar to Borderlands?  Like as you level up you find better gear and your old gear becomes obsolete?

Yes - but the loot is much more rare than borderlands. You get equipment and dismantle your old equipment, especially as your level rises.