What video games have you been playing?

And these come with new copies of Destiny, right? If so, I think I may be covered... but if I don't get one, I'll gladly take you guys up on your offer.

And to the folks who are turned off by the "online only" aspect – don't be. The game is structured so that you can free roam, progress the campaign (which incorporates other players online), or dive into multiplayer as you see fit. If you've only got 15 minutes to spare, hop on for a quick campaign mission, or hit up another planet for some exploration. You're not committed to just one set of friends if you'd like to progress. And what's even better is that when you do find time to party up with your friends who have no life or responsibilities - and who are much higher leveled as a result - the game will calculate average levels for your opposition to keep things fair.

And these come with new copies of Destiny, right? If so, I think I may be covered... but if I don't get one, I'll gladly take you guys up on your offer.

And to the folks who are turned off by the "online only" aspect – don't be. The game is structured so that you can free roam, progress the campaign (which incorporates other players online), or dive into multiplayer as you see fit. If you've only got 15 minutes to spare, hop on for a quick campaign mission, or hit up another planet for some exploration. You're not committed to just one set of friends if you'd like to progress. And what's even better is that when you do find time to party up with your friends who have no life or responsibilities - and who are much higher leveled as a result - the game will calculate average levels for your opposition to keep things fair.

Hmmm... well since you put it that way, that kind of changes my thoughts.  I'll see how things look this coming paycheck.

I'm not sure if it counts but basically the only games I've been playing the last year or so have been on my phone. Boom Beach, Clash of Clans, and Real Racing 3. Probably the most fun was Army Of Darkness Defense which I played until I beat.

Occasionally I'll pull up a throwback and play some Doom 3 on my Mac but that's about it. I've realized I'm kinda past the point where I have enough attention to play a video game.

Call of Juarez for PS2 was a lot of fun also. That was the last real console game I played.

Yeah, Don't be turned off by the mostly online thing. It's lose co-op kind of stuff. People come a go freely and you don't need to rely on anyone. You kinda just do your own thing until a random event boss pops up and other people join in and help fight. Some missions you need help but for the most part you don't. It's actually really cool.

Yeah, Don't be turned off by the mostly online thing. It's lose co-op kind of stuff. People come a go freely and you don't need to rely on anyone. You kinda just do your own thing until a random event boss pops up and other people join in and help fight. Some missions you need help but for the most part you don't. It's actually really cool.

Exactly this. I love how it is.

I played the first three missions solo yesterday. There is no reason you couldn't play and enjoy this game by yourself. I think you'll get the most out of it playing with friends but it holds up otherwise. At least for the first part.

Anyone play in the Crucible at all yesterday?

I got up to level 5 so I unlocked it, but I haven't done anything with the Crucible yet.

The only thing you will NOT be able to do by yourself is Raid missions.  Seriously, you will get destroyed. Unless they toned them down significantly, I've been wrecked on them in a Fireteam of 3 decent players on higher difficulties.  Plus they are the non-respawn restart-at-checkpoint parts and they take FOREVER.

But, story missions should be cake. And there are ton of explore/patrol missions too.

Haven't gone to the crucible yet, I hit level 9 before bed last night. Once I get ten i'll try out the crucible a bit to get some of those early bounties over with :)

Just got to the Venus story chapter and it's cool! Finally something entirely new for those of us who played Alpha/Beta.

The Crucible balances out your damage but with abilites/upgrades/etc I'm not gonna bother with it until I'm level 20 or so. No rush though, I think of the Crucible as one of the end game things.

I played for a few hours yesterday and got through the 5 beta story missions, I'll be no lifing the game all day today though so if anyone wants to join my fireteam feel free.

Edit: Also, the book thing that comes with the limited edition is pretty fantastic.

Played the first instance last night before bed. Took forever. After we beat the tank one if the guys hopped on it and started tea bagging it. I though only people on Xbox live did that;) I have to say though every random person I have played with has been cool with reviving and helping out. So far I haven't beaten a random event since ever time one occurs there aren't enough people around to beat it. Made it to the moon and I got lost in the beauty of everything. Game is gorgeous.

i haven't played with anyone cooperatively yet. everyone kinda did their own thing and I finished the mission myself. pretty disappointing.

Yep, I had similar experiences, except when Olsvik and I teamed up.

I can't tell if everyone in the world I'm placed in is doing different missions, or if everyone has just been feeling very exploratory since the game just came out. I'll admit I haven't been exploring nearly as much as I could, as I've really just been doing story missions straight through.

Is there permanent "clans" in destiny or only the Fireteams? 

Had a blast playing with TwoRooks but I got disconnected ;_;

I just looked around all over Bungie's companion site and managed to set up a permanent "Clan"

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/215158

I think you should be able to join from that link.  From what I can tell we can edit the name and motto and "about" sections at any time if we decide to take it more seriously.  I've activated it just for PS4 for right now, but I think I can extend it to Xbox too if we want. 

Join up if you wanna know what's up in the world of VC Destiny. Comes with a message board/wall and we should be able to see when we're online at the same time to meet up for games.

requested entry

Sweet! Approved. I tried to set it to public for now to make it easier... I'll look into it.

Also apparently there is a difference between "Following" i.e. getting updates about a clan, and "Setting as Playstation Clan" which means actually becoming a member of the clan.

So anyone else looking for PS buddies, make sure you hit "Set as Playstation Clan" or join or whatever and not just "follow".