What video games have you been playing?

I downloaded Beat Hazard on Xbox Live Indie Games today.

If you don't know what it is, it's sort of like that Audiosurf game, but a twin-stick shooter.

If you don't know what Audiosurf is, Beat Hazard is a twin-stick shooter that uses the songs you have ripped to your 360 to generate the enemy patterns and stuff. Each song is a "level". The quieter the song is, the weaker your weapons are, and the more washed out and bleak the colors are.

There are two different kinds of powerups, Volume and Power. Every time you pick one up, either the volume or power bar at the bottom of the screen fills up. (The song actually starts pretty quietly in the mix and then actually gets louder when you pick up a volume powerup.) When you have both bars filled up, you are in Beat Hazard mode and shit just pops off.

And the game matches the songs EXACTLY. It's not like a visualizer that lags a second or two behind what is actually happening in your song.

My first experience with this game was about an hour and a half ago. I turned it on with the intention of just checking out because I was in a bit of a hurry, and it automatically starts playing songs from your 360 as the menu music. Well, the song it chose was Purina Hall Of Fame by Propagandhi, and I immediately realized that would be the perfect song to test the game out with.

So after the whole intro with the pig screaming, as soon as the song kicks in, my weapon that was shooting shitty little pebbles during the intro part is suddenly this bright yellow laser. I was immediately hooked. At the part right before the guitar solo, you get a little break and then as soon as the guitar solo comes in, the huge boss ship flies onto my screen. There were colors and lazers flying everywhere while my face was getting shredded by Jesus H. Chris' magical axe of doom.

It was honestly one of my top 3 gaming moments of all time.

The game is only 400 MS Points, and was probably the best 5 bucks I've ever spent. There are also tons of challenges and unlocks you get for doing stuff like beating a whole album, getting 100% on a 10 minute song, etc.

I would suggest this game to anyone who likes fun and/or breathing.

Guest eriathomas

Playing through Dead Space again on Impossible mode. The certainly does not lie. Hoping to get 1000g in it too, just the weapon upgrade achievement seems sort of lame.

Playing through Dead Space again on Impossible mode. The certainly does not lie. Hoping to get 1000g in it too, just the weapon upgrade achievement seems sort of lame.

I got 1000g on that bitch! It took me about 4 times to do it. The upgrading one is a bitch for sure. You have to upgrade your rig and stasis as well. Be sure not to sell already upgraded guns cause it does NOT count if you've sold even just one.

I found that out the hard way... :-[

Good luck dude!

Guest eriathomas

I'm getting back into L4D2, anyone want to attempt a campaign on Realism Expert with me tonight? Anyone still play the mutations each week? I only played the first and was wondering how they've been.

xbox live name is same as my name here, so add me!

I'm getting back into L4D2, anyone want to attempt a campaign on Realism Expert with me tonight? Anyone still play the mutations each week? I only played the first and was wondering how they've been.

I didn't see you on last night (I am pretty sure we're Xbox friends...)

I would have given it a shot, I am not all that good though.

I heard that the current mutation is chainsaws only, so that sounds fun. I want to unlock the gnome avatar item, so I bounce into a game and play until it ends and then quit usually. Last time I played was the samurai swords only mutation and I joined a game just as they were being raped by a tank. Shortest game ever.

I downloaded Beat Hazard on Xbox Live Indie Games today.

If you don't know what it is, it's sort of like that Audiosurf game, but a twin-stick shooter.

If you don't know what Audiosurf is, Beat Hazard is a twin-stick shooter that uses the songs you have ripped to your 360 to generate the enemy patterns and stuff. Each song is a "level". The quieter the song is, the weaker your weapons are, and the more washed out and bleak the colors are.

There are two different kinds of powerups, Volume and Power. Every time you pick one up, either the volume or power bar at the bottom of the screen fills up. (The song actually starts pretty quietly in the mix and then actually gets louder when you pick up a volume powerup.) When you have both bars filled up, you are in Beat Hazard mode and shit just pops off.

And the game matches the songs EXACTLY. It's not like a visualizer that lags a second or two behind what is actually happening in your song.

My first experience with this game was about an hour and a half ago. I turned it on with the intention of just checking out because I was in a bit of a hurry, and it automatically starts playing songs from your 360 as the menu music. Well, the song it chose was Purina Hall Of Fame by Propagandhi, and I immediately realized that would be the perfect song to test the game out with.

So after the whole intro with the pig screaming, as soon as the song kicks in, my weapon that was shooting shitty little pebbles during the intro part is suddenly this bright yellow laser. I was immediately hooked. At the part right before the guitar solo, you get a little break and then as soon as the guitar solo comes in, the huge boss ship flies onto my screen. There were colors and lazers flying everywhere while my face was getting shredded by Jesus H. Chris' magical axe of doom.

It was honestly one of my top 3 gaming moments of all time.

The game is only 400 MS Points, and was probably the best 5 bucks I've ever spent. There are also tons of challenges and unlocks you get for doing stuff like beating a whole album, getting 100% on a 10 minute song, etc.

I would suggest this game to anyone who likes fun and/or breathing.

This sounds pretty awesome, I'm going to check this out.

Guest eriathomas

I didn't see you on last night (I am pretty sure we're Xbox friends...)

I would have given it a shot, I am not all that good though.

I heard that the current mutation is chainsaws only, so that sounds fun. I want to unlock the gnome avatar item, so I bounce into a game and play until it ends and then quit usually. Last time I played was the samurai swords only mutation and I joined a game just as they were being raped by a tank. Shortest game ever.

I was on, but it was really late. I played the chainsaw one last night and it was a blast, other then my teammates being idiots and hurting me with it each time a tank came.

The mutations have been pretty good. I've played most of them since the DLC first happened. Some were great, others I wasn't into at all. I'd play with you, but the internet in my apartment is shit. Tried playing L4D2 the other day and the lag was terrible. (For comparison, I had to leave my Xbox 360 on overnight in order for Dead Rising Case Zero to finish downloading. Took ~13 hours. Versus my home connection, where it would've taken maybe 10 minutes.)

I bought Dead Rising Case Zero, and it's definitely worth the $5. It's a short story, but you get a few plays out of it. (Going for the 5 different endings, achievements, etc. Granted it's all pretty easy. WAY easier than Dead Rising 1.)

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/catherine-subtitled-trailer/348915?playlist=featured

Catherine Trailer subbed.

I wonder if it'll make it stateside or not. Also Atlus is done in name :(.

I would bet it will come out here. I think their last few games have done better than they expected. If not, I hope they at least put English subs in the Japanese version.

The l4d2 mutations have been pretty poor and half assed. Although, this week for PC the mutation was everyone started out with m60s with unlimited ammo and no reload, which made expert really easy, so I finally got Still Something to Prove. Now I just need the charger achievement for the passing, hearwarmer, and to beat realism expert.

Guest eriathomas
The l4d2 mutations have been pretty poor and half assed. Although, this week for PC the mutation was everyone started out with m60s with unlimited ammo and no reload, which made expert really easy, so I finally got Still Something to Prove. Now I just need the charger achievement for the passing, hearwarmer, and to beat realism expert.

I'm hoping we get that one on the xbox next, since it came in second on the vote list since I need those expert achievements too. The chainsaw only one was pretty fun, but tanks were a pain in the ass to kill.

Edit: Who's getting Halo Reach in 2 weeks? I'm debating it, I want it, but I'm sick of FPS because I suck at them. I'd like to play the campaign, but it's a waste of money to just buy it for that.

I bought Dead Rising Case Zero, and it's definitely worth the $5. It's a short story, but you get a few plays out of it. (Going for the 5 different endings, achievements, etc. Granted it's all pretty easy. WAY easier than Dead Rising 1.)

It was alright, got all the endings and achievements in about 6 hours at work tonight. I don't think I'll be buying the game though, way too much repetition.

Guest markovianprocess
Edit: Who's getting Halo Reach in 2 weeks? I'm debating it, I want it, but I'm sick of FPS because I suck at them. I'd like to play the campaign, but it's a waste of money to just buy it for that.

I've pre-ordered it. After watching some of the gameplay videos on YouTube, I was convinced that it was a good idea. The free 800 Microsoft points card and downloadable recon helmet were nice bonuses from HMV.

I'm hoping we get that one on the xbox next, since it came in second on the vote list since I need those expert achievements too. The chainsaw only one was pretty fun, but tanks were a pain in the ass to kill.

The unlimited m60s was on the Xbox 360 just a couple weeks ago. That's how I got the "'Til It Goes Click" achievement. And I agree that tanks were tough as fuck with the chainsaws.

I plan on getting Halo Reach at midnight. It'll be the end of Halo for me, and as nerdy as it sounds, Halo was a huge part of my youth. No way in hell I could pass it up.

Guest eriathomas

I got a set of Turtle Beach X11's today. The sound makes a huge difference in playing games, but it's a bit over-whelming at first since there is so much going on, but once you get used to it they really help. Also a plus for late night gaming if you don't want to wake people up. The sound quality is really good, and even with the chat volume all the way up, it does not drown out any in-game sound.

I've been trying to play some Left 4 Dead 2 survival mode, but it's so hard to find people who want to play it legit (not use a glitch spot) or people who don't run around like idiots.

As you can see, I have been playing Clive Barker's Jericho. Yes, it is as terrible as you probably think it is.

I only started playing it because I tried playing Alan Wake again on Nightmare, and that shit is hard. Jericho was the first game on my shelf I haven't played that caught my eye, so in it went.

It actually has some neat ideas and does some really cool things, but overall, the game is pretty awful.

Guest eriathomas

Alan Wake seems like it'd be way too hard on Nightmare, since there were a few parts on normal that gave me problems. I'd like to attempt it one day though.