Lyrics you've misheard

recently i thought the gaslight anthems 59 sound "to hear the '59 sound, coming through my grandfathers radio."

but apparently its "grandmama's radio"....i still think it sounds like its grandfathers....at least in the album version.

I thought it was "grandfather's" on the record, too, but then when I did the acoustic session with Brian, he sang "grandmama's" instead.

thats actually what made me go back and look @ the lyrics...i was like...wtf?

my best friend used to think "just remembering, jinx removing" from 'i'll catch you' by the get up kids was "just remembering, moving the van". i thought she just made up her own silly lyrics, but then i asked her about it and she had no idea she was wrong. she's not a jawbreaker fan so i guess she never got the connection, but still, just moving the van? wtf? she copped it from me for a long time.

I'll go first.

In Refused's "New Noise," at the end of the song, even though I know Dennis Lxyzen is screaming, "THE NEW BEAT! THE NEW BEAT!" from the first time I heard the song over a decade ago, I've always secretly thought he was really screaming, "THANK YOU PETE! THANK YOU PETE!"

Who "Pete" in this situation would be, I have no idea.

What about you?

interesting. i always thought it was, "then youll be"

what i'd be, i have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had another one of these moments -- I've seen O Pioneers a handful of times over the past year, and every time they've played that one song where it sounds like Eric's singing "Come on, come on, come on!" in triplets like that over and over. Now that I finally have Neon Creeps, I know he's actually singing, "Drama, drama, drama!" Whoops.

• 5 years later...

I do this shit constantly, it's why I try not to sing along at shows. Most recent example:

Dads - My Crass Patch:

Actual lyrics:

Be my American steam
Be my Jean Seberg and my new French queen
Be my Breathless scream
Be what I look for in everything

What I thought:
And my American dream
With my Juicy purse and my new French queen
Be my dressless dream
Be what I look for in everything

Hey, Fat Mike has said it himself (on a Punknews Podcast interview I believe), "I don't know the words to some of my favorite songs."