Bands you want to get into but can't.

pibbals

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shouldn't say I actually want to get into this band....but some of my friends love Sparta, I've tried to listen to them on multiple occasions and think that it is just not good. Maybe I'm crazy, i don't know. Others I've tried out and thought "maybe I should just give it another listen," were Comeback Kid, J-church, and Guns and Wankers, just can't get into em.

Hot Water Music...just never did it for me, and I probably have even less of a desire to get into them because WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too many people/bands tend to worship/wanna sound like them. I am sure there is stuff I like that people don't, and I even have been known to end up liking bands and/or music that I wasn't fond of before, so I we will see what happens. One thing's for sure...I will definitely NOT get into collecting their variants. :o

Hot Water Music...just never did it for me, and I probably have even less of a desire to get into them because WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too many people/bands tend to worship/wanna sound like them. I am sure there is stuff I like that people don't, and I even have been known to end up liking bands and/or music that I wasn't fond of before, so I we will see what happens. One thing's for sure...I will definitely NOT get into collecting their variants. :o

it was like this for a really long time, then in the first mix cd trade eroc sent me a mix with Turnstile on it...i was sold.

you might want to start with waiter;you vultures it's not realy like their newer material and honestly i wish they'd go back to that sound they are starting to mimic kay kay a bit to much now

Whilst I love censored colors to bits, I really want there next album to be more like Church Mouth, I think if they went all the way back to Vultures they'd get ridiculed for tryin to get into the elctro-indie scene that is way to over populated, even though they did it first and best

I heard censored colors first, then church mouth, then waiters. I remember when i first heard waiters i thought it sucked and sounded like a lot of bands out there, but the more i listen to it, i like it a lot more than church mouth. church mouth has a handful of good songs on it, but it reminds me too much of the white stripes.

I am having a bit of trouble with this thread's title and content. Why would I want to get into a band that I just either can't or don't enjoy? It seems as if I should try to force myself to like a band b/c of...what?...I don't know.

I either like a band and theur music or I don't.

Maybe I'm just too jaded and weird.

I am having a bit of trouble with this thread's title and content. Why would I want to get into a band that I just either can't or don't enjoy? It seems as if I should try to force myself to like a band b/c of...what?...I don't know.

For me its like, I love all the bands jawbreaker influenced like crazy. Everyone else loves jawbreaker, they seem pretty cool, so I figure I should like them too. I just give the album more time than I would if i just listened to it not knowing anything about the band.

I was going through hoping to see someone else didn't like HWM. Saying that kind of shit is like blasphemy to some people, but honestly, I don't care for them. Slint is another one off the top of my head.

Like, you know a band is important, it's influenced many bands, like Husker Du, Hot Water Music, Bad Religion, Sex Pistols, The Ramones. And based on what you've heard, you'd think they'd fit into your tastes, but don't.

I guess "want to get into" might be a bad way to put it but a number of people here seem to get what I mean.

I wish I could get into Murder By Death. I don't see what people see in Alkaline Trio, Bomb The Music Industry, most every band on Fat Wreck, the Blood Brothers, and probably a hundred more bands, despite listening to them with open ears.

For those people who don't like Husker Du, start with "Candy Apple Grey". Most of the other ones are hard to wrap your head around.

I wish I could get into Murder By Death.

I think MDB is great until that fiddle thing gets going, at which point I just can't deal.

seriously?? dude that chick fucking shreds on that thing

I shouldn't say I actually want to get into this band....but some of my friends love Sparta, I've tried to listen to them on multiple occasions and think that it is just not good. Maybe I'm crazy, i don't know. Others I've tried out and thought "maybe I should just give it another listen," were Comeback Kid, J-church, and Guns and Wankers, just can't get into em.

sparta is one of few bands that i refuse to let my friends give up on. i personally love every album. most of the time i allow people to think for themselves, but when it comes to liking sparta, i just cant believe it. it almost hurts me. not because i think im right and they are wrong, i just cant hear anything that people wouldnt like. another of these bands is the snake the cross the crown. there is so much good, and no bad.

im sorry, im not trying to tell you that you are wrong for not liking sparta, because when i read what i just wrote it all comes off as totally serious instead of umm...half-hearted seriousness? i dont know, just saying dont give up.