recent pic of yourself thread (happy jason?)

Guest xsteponmex

You didn't seem real goofy to me. I though you were coherent and pretty well spoken. 

Making coherent points is one thing - looking goofy doing it is another. I'm self-effacing and my increasing press profile leaves me very uncomfortable. I'll refrain from posting some of my red carpet photos from this past year as I can barely look at them without rolling my eyes. 

I do however appreciate the affirmation. I shared this video with friends as well as a few others I've done and have gotten good feedback. I far prefer a Q&A in front of 500 to a Q&A with a camera to be honest. I'm so damn impressed with people that make it look easy. 

Making coherent points is one thing - looking goofy doing it is another. I'm self-effacing and my increasing press profile leaves me very uncomfortable. I'll refrain from posting some of my red carpet photos from this past year as I can barely look at them without rolling my eyes. 

I do however appreciate the affirmation. I shared this video with friends as well as a few others I've done and have gotten good feedback. I far prefer a Q&A in front of 500 to a Q&A with a camera to be honest. I'm so damn impressed with people that make it look easy. 

I tried to find some red carpet photos of you online, but all I get is that stupid guy from The Partridge Family.

I tried to find some red carpet photos of you online, but all I get is that stupid guy from The Partridge Family.

I like it this way. 

A couple years back some dude called me up excitedly wishing me a happy birthday and just kept rambling about this and that and his family and what he's working on. When he came up for air I was like "You have the wrong David Cassidy". Another time I had a screaming match with a credit card call line. At the end after all was settled the lady who was a total bitch to me paused and said "I gotta ask, was I just arguing with The David Cassidy?" I normally reply that I am a DC. I have gotten awesome tables at restaurants who fucked up - being in TV and having this name causes some confusion. I tried using my middle name for a bit but I felt like I was selling myself out since I'm named after my Great Grandpa who I loved a ton. 

Not really all that interesting. Oh, there was a time I was going in for surgery and as I was dozing off the last thing I remember are the nurses singing "Girl I think I love you" to me. That kind of pissed me off. 

Sean - I've been doing this for about 13 years - I'm just getting out there a bit more. I've given some career advice to folks on here. I also licensed three songs from the band Giants for this film - love those guys.