recent pic of yourself thread (happy jason?)

Guest xsteponmex

Only half my face in this shot (looking pretty pleased I might add) serving Hells Angels Norway at our Record Bar after the ban on serving them was lifted.  Pretty ridiculous law if you ask me- all bars in Bergen weren't allowed to serve anyone with a MC affiliated patch on their clothing in an attempt to hinder a sort of gang mentality or 'ownership' of a bar for a certain group, but it was totally out of ignorance and discrimination.  I rocked Sons Of Anarchy merch for a week after that..  Anyway.  Got ruled out.  Nicest bunch of dudes. 

hells01.jpg?updated=130420132304

I don't know much about Norway but from what I understand in America, Hells Angels are involved in a lot of violence and hard drug trafficking. Might be cool dudes to hang out with at a bar and nice to your face, but still shitty people overall.

If the Norway Hells Angels are really just a bunch of dudes who like to hang out together and ride motorcycles, then cool. My gut would tell me that they are not. Those clubs don't just let anyone start up a chapter and use their name.

I don't know much about Norway but from what I understand in America, Hells Angels are involved in a lot of violence and hard drug trafficking. Might be cool dudes to hang out with at a bar and nice to your face, but still shitty people overall.

If the Norway Hells Angels are really just a bunch of dudes who like to hang out together and ride motorcycles, then cool. My gut would tell me that they are not. Those clubs don't just let anyone start up a chapter and use their name.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from advocating their subculture. Like you said, not just anyone gains that patch and although their chapter was started up a few years ago they admittance was definitely based on trials and track records. Our stance was basically ''what they do outside on theit own time is none of our business''.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from advocating their subculture. Like you said, not just anyone gains that patch and although their chapter was started up a few years ago they admittance was definitely based on trials and track records. Our stance was basically ''what they do outside on theit own time is none of our business''.

Maybe this is just me watching too much "Gangland" on the history channel but it seems to me that inviting groups of violent individuals into your bar is going to lead to violence in the bar down the road, even if everything is cool now. It definitely increases the risk. Hope not for you.

Maybe this is just me watching too much "Gangland" on the history channel but it seems to me that inviting groups of violent individuals into your bar is going to lead to violence in the bar down the road, even if everything is cool now. It definitely increases the risk. Hope not for you.

I totally get where you're coming from and that was the mindset behind the ban in the first place, but general atmosphere of our bar limits things from getting out of control (we close early and only just recently got our license to serve alcohol so its the kind of place where the atmosphere holds people in check). They haven't been back since and it appeared to be just a celebratory beer because the ban was lifted and they basically drink at the autobody shop for the most part. Seems that the main point of their visit was to leave with a stack of ZZ Top and Nazareth records ;)

i had a feeling future was a chica bonita.....the way she 'typed' was squeaky and delicate.

we need a font for the girls on here.

or just make em pink.

Lol. I suppose I could follow suit with most of the other gals here and change my avatar to a photo of myself.

But I'd probably still get messages that start with "Dude," just like Nicky does,  haha.

I totally get where you're coming from and that was the mindset behind the ban in the first place, but general atmosphere of our bar limits things from getting out of control (we close early and only just recently got our license to serve alcohol so its the kind of place where the atmosphere holds people in check). They haven't been back since and it appeared to be just a celebratory beer because the ban was lifted and they basically drink at the autobody shop for the most part. Seems that the main point of their visit was to leave with a stack of ZZ Top and Nazareth records ;)

It should be said though-  these dudes are basically hobbyists (know nothing about their private 'business endeavors' or what goes on in the MC compound) and have grown up in a society faaaar removed from the iconic history of its American roots ie, the speedway incidents as seen in Gimme Shelter and the literary summaries of Hunter S. Thompson, Lester Bangs and yeah. Gangland.   Harmless? Probably not.  Has it / do I think it will become an issue in our bar or surrounding bars? Not really.  

Anyhoo, back to pics of bros with beards and the occasional lady balancing this board's testosterone levels!

It doesn't bother me.  Where I grew up everybody called everybody dude in everyday conversation regardless of gender, haha.

i'm gender neutral in my use of dude

Dude! This one time in high school I said ''Hey thanks, man-dude.'' (not being able to choose between the two variations of 'bro') to an older dude I had just purchased a bag from hoping to be all cool and facepalmed myself all the way home. Could've almost posted that in the Confessions thread, dude, cuz I can totally remember that feeling of stoned embarrassment.