Post a PIC Of Your Collection (Band or Label ONLY)

Here's an already outdated recent photo of my ever-enlarging Flaming Lips collection:

[image]

Not pictured is my second, colored, copy of the Heady Nuggs box set (the LPs from my black box are mixed in there) and the Flaming Lips/Prefuse 73 12", which I just got the other day.

All I'm really missing now are 12 (?) 7"s.

First post here... This is my blog post talking about my Career Suicide record collection. I plan on doing some more in the future. I'm only missing one variant (that I know of) and a few test pressings.

http://www.primitivecreative.blogspot.com/2011/06/hands-that-strangle-you-are-yours.html

[image]

My one and only variant collection: Arms and Sleepers. Missing a couple of things, but mostly there.

Cinématique

[image]

black-white/25, red-white/75, red-black/200, CDr/30

Black Paris 86

[image]

CD, test/5, blue/100, black/400

From the Inland Sea (The American Dollar split)

[image]

clear/100, black/400, CD

Matador

[image]

Matador: gold/100, black/400, test/5(?), US, UK and Japan CDs

Matador B-sides CD/100

Matador Remixed: test/5(?), clear/100, black/400

CD releases, tour EPs, comps etc.

[image]

Here's an already outdated recent photo of my ever-enlarging Flaming Lips collection:

[image]

Not pictured is my second, colored, copy of the Heady Nuggs box set (the LPs from my black box are mixed in there) and the Flaming Lips/Prefuse 73 12", which I just got the other day.

you have 3 clouds taste metallic??!?!

sell me one!

and maybe one of your oh my gawds?

maybe...

My one and only variant collection: Arms and Sleepers. Missing a couple of things, but mostly there.

Cinématique

[image]

black-white/25, red-white/75, red-black/200, CDr/30

Black Paris 86

[image]

CD, test/5, blue/100, black/400

From the Inland Sea (The American Dollar split)

[image]

clear/100, black/400, CD

Matador

[image]

Matador: gold/100, black/400, test/5(?), US, UK and Japan CDs

Matador B-sides CD/100

Matador Remixed: test/5(?), clear/100, black/400

CD releases, tour EPs, comps etc.

[image]

BEAUTIFUL!

I love this band so much!

No way, I don't have nearly that kind of money to blow on such things and if I did, I'd rather own a Necros "Sex Drive" or a Fix "Vengeance" which are two singles that have eluded me since I got into punk rock in 1982!

That link you sent is to a different test pressing of out of step that didn't have the fancy silkscreen sleeve.

Around 1988 a friend offered me Sex Drive, Vengeance and IQ32 skatepark sleeve for $600. Even if I had that kind of money at the time I remember thinking fuck that, FUCK THAT. Fuck me.

Don't stack them like that :(

I'm curious, what's wrong with stacking records like that?

someone really needs to make an image response of that scene from high fidelity when dick walks into robs apartment while he's autobiograpically sorting his collection, only for dick to tell him not to stack his records like that because "there can be pressure..."

i honestly tried popping the dvd into my pc about a month ago to respond to someone else bitching about this, but after spending 10 minutes skipping through scenes i gave up, and don't feel like rewatching the whole thing just to find it.

[image]

you have 3 clouds taste metallic??!?!

sell me one!

and maybe one of your oh my gawds?

maybe...

Five, actually. Two copies of the original green vinyl release, one black copy from the standard Heady Nuggs, one yellow copy from the limited Heady Nuggs, and the CD.

I know I've got nothing on some of you guys, but I feel weird owning so many copies of the same albums.

I think I have the most copies of Embryonic... two standard vinyl copies (one signed by Wayne and Kliph), the original fucked up blue/black version that's /100, the 2CD/1DVD fur box, the standard CD, and two extra CD copies from the vinyl versions.

Wouldn't it be more complete if you got different albums instead of more of the same album?

It's like underwear.

I'll wager a guess that you have multiple copies of the same undies on different colors. Technically, you only need one pair, just wash it everyday.

But you probably don't want to wear it out so quickly. So you buy a 3 variants and wear the same type of underwear because you like it. Sometimes you choose which underwear to wear for the day by matching a certain color with your mood.

• jhulud locked this topic
  • jhulud unlocked this topic