so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

• 7 months later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead...

I got my Burlesque scratch & dent mystery tube in the mail today. It was my first time ever buying a mystery tube. Fun to open, although I'm not really into any of the prints I got. haha. If anyone wants any of these, send me a PM and we can work out a trade or sale.

[image]

[image]

[image]

i got my screeching weasel print mated and framed recently. I actually got the frame from Ikea for like 24 bucks and got the mat that came with the frame cut for 5 bucks. Im glad i didnt have to pay an arm and a leg to get this framed.

[image]

Is this a viable option? I have so many prints that I want to frame, but they don't make frames in those sizes. Can you find mat's that will fit any print into a frame larger than it?

i got my screeching weasel print mated and framed recently. I actually got the frame from Ikea for like 24 bucks and got the mat that came with the frame cut for 5 bucks. Im glad i didnt have to pay an arm and a leg to get this framed.

Is this a viable option? I have so many prints that I want to frame, but they don't make frames in those sizes. Can you find mat's that will fit any print into a frame larger than it?

Im no expert on this cause this is one of the 1st prints i framed (that wasnt a standard size) but if you find a frame that fits you can go to an art store and buy only the mat and get it cut. A big mat like that would prolly be expensive but if you can find frames that include a mat i would go that route and just get them cut down to fit.

I had to get about 2 inches cut off each side and it fit perfectly.

That's my issue. I have a bunch of non-standard sized prints that all require custom jobs.

Custom framing is ridiculously expensive. I mat and frame if the poster is a wierd size. There's a lot of places that will do custom mats too. Like here:

http://www.redimat.com/products/decorative.html

I usually get mine at a craft store called Michael's.

And it sold out in like 40 mins. Did you snag one?

I wish. i went up at some early time that didn't correlate with my being on the west coast and sleeping in. Oh well.

Custom framing is ridiculously expensive. I mat and frame if the poster is a wierd size. There's a lot of places that will do custom mats too. Like here:

No joke. I used to get sweet deals on stuff from a frame shop my old job got posters done at. But not anymore. I still need to get my Baroness Blue Record prints done. That shit will be so expensive.

I don't mat anything. I measure up the prints I have and then order the frames cut to that size. When done right they look great but sometimes there is just way, way too much mat and it looks bad to me. I've ordered from 2 different places online that I can't remember the names of.

I don't mat anything. I measure up the prints I have and then order the frames cut to that size. When done right they look great but sometimes there is just way, way too much mat and it looks bad to me. I've ordered from 2 different places online that I can't remember the names of.

Is the cost of shipping worth it?

And it sold out in like 40 mins. Did you snag one?

I wish. i went up at some early time that didn't correlate with my being on the west coast and sleeping in. Oh well.

No joke. I used to get sweet deals on stuff from a frame shop my old job got posters done at. But not anymore. I still need to get my Baroness Blue Record prints done. That shit will be so expensive.

Well you can always buy one on ebay for ten times the price!

Bummer what happened got a new job? On occasion I'll get coupons in the mail for custom framing but that's rare.

The blue record prints are 12 x 24 they have some frames on Amazon. Nothing fancy but might work without a custom job.

http://www.amazon.com/12x24-Satin-Black-Picture-Frame/dp/B003HL4QW2