so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

I'm sure this has been explained ad nauseum in this thread, but I'm lazy.  I have a couple prints that have been in tubes for about 2 years and I need to start flattening them.  I was going to go to Michael's and buy a couple big pieces of foam board to sandwich the prints and keep it tight with clips.  I imagine I should put some sort of paper or protection between the print and the foam board, but what?  How long do I need to flatten it?  A month?  Any and all sagely flattening advice is much appreciated!

foamcore board. it'll cost a bit up front, but then you'll always have it. I stack 3-4 of them and have (sometimes multiple) posters in every space. if I get something new, i'll put some books on top to weigh it down initially, otherwise I store my stack under a futon in my spare bedroom.

I've been slowly working through my "to-frame" stack. down to just harlequinade (which I just received) and JC Richard's batcave which is gonna require a custom job ($$$)...

Do you put anything between the foam and the printed side? I worried that because the posters are screenprinted that maybe some of the ink will come off.

nah I haven't messed with it. if there's kraft paper or tissue, sometimes i'll just leave it there, but I've never experienced any of the ink bleeding. maybe in extreme heat.

I'm looking to sell my Obey Giant / Shepard Fairey - Keith Morris 4 - colour screenprint. It's signed by Shepard, Keith Morris, and Glen E. Friedman.

Original Price was 75 - it's going to cost me 20 to ship to North America - so how about 85 shipped?

PM me if interested.

Had a bite, but couldn't close the deal.... I'll lower it to 75 shipped. Less than original price. Get it out of my basement and onto your wall!

Do you put anything between the foam and the printed side? I worried that because the posters are screenprinted that maybe some of the ink will come off.

No, that's why you buy acid free foam core. Once you're done flattening, you can also use that same foam board as professional backing to your frame up (assuming you're gonna DIY it)

I flattened mine by framing it... Worked well enough?

Typically prints that arent flattened first before being framed will get wavy over time. Not always the case but something you should definitely take caution to prevent before framing up anything.

Also, the longer your prints stay in tubes, the longer time they take to flatten. Again, not an absolute but a general rule of thumb.

Didn't see this posted....

Austin, TX--- June 2, 2014 -- Mondo is thrilled to officially announce its inaugural

MondoCon event, set to coincide with the first weekend of Fantastic Fest on September 20 & 21 at The Marchesa Hall & Theater in Austin, TX. The convention will bring together unique guests from a variety of areas to celebrate film, music, art, and toys with the world's finest artists, designers, illustrators, painters, toy creators as well as directors, composers and more. The convention will offer new artwork and products as well as panels and special screenings.

A full schedule of events will be unveiled in the coming months, but for now Mondo is excited to present the first round of guests in attendance, including fan favorite artists & legends like celebrated comics artist & Hellboy creator, Mike Mignola, Basil Gogos, Geof Darrow and Bernie Wrightson. To mark the occasion, Mondo is also announcing Mignola's poster for The Bride of Frankenstein (details on the print below).

FIRST ROUND OF GUESTS IN ATTENDANCE:

Richey Beckett Basil Gogos Gary Pullin

Anne Benjamin JJ Harrison Arik Roper

Geof Darrow Jock Jay Shaw

Jason Edmiston Phantom City Creative Tiny Kitten Teeth

Francesco Francavilla Mike Mignola Bernie Wrightson

Mondo has expanded in recent years to include a world-renowned gallery, becoming passionate purveyors of art, vinyl, VHS and a brand new area that was cryptically teased with this Iron Giant tweet. MondoCon will celebrate all of this and more, a chance for fants of film, art, collectibles & music to mix with their creators.

Tickets for MondoCon will go sale Wednesday, June 4 at Mondo-Con.com. Single day tickets will are $35 and full weekend tickets are $70. A full weekend ticket to MondoCon will be included with all VIP badges for Fantastic Fest.

To kick everything off, Mondo has unveiled a new (AMAZING) poster from Hellboy creator Mike Mignola (via EW). It's his take on THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, and it's absolutely incredible (I actually just drooled on my keyboard a little bit). This poster will go on sale on June 5th. As always, follow @MondoNews for details, and keep your fingers crossed.