Epitaph Store Tuesday (Turner, Trio, Descendents)

Did any of you that got shipped/received already have the alkaline trio album also? I ordered that along with some other records(nofx) and I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet. I would hope they can ship me my order minus the alk 3 then ship that when it releases, I wouldn't mind paying the extra shipping.

I think you would've had to make a separate order for them to do that.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you that got shipped/received already have the alkaline trio album also? I ordered that along with some other records(nofx) and I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet. I would hope they can ship me my order minus the alk 3 then ship that when it releases, I wouldn't mind paying the extra shipping.

I did my alk3 order seperate. Pretty sure they're not gonna ship to you until it's all ready to go out. You only paid for shipping once, why would they send you two different orders?

I tried ordering the syg package for this will be the death of us and didnt hear anything from them for over a month but when i checked my order status it said ready to ship(not shipped yet). So finally i call them and they tell me they havent had anymore of those and that they sent me an email (unless they sent it to the wrong email, no one emailed me i checked my inbox,spam and deleted and there was nothing) Then they tell me they'll waive the shipping charge because of the inconveince. Guess what, got my order and got charged for shipping. I think i'm done with them unless I cant order something through another distro and HAVE to order it through them. Just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone might end up running into this problem with the trio package.

They added the BR 7'' to my main order (with no additional shipping charge). Then a day later I decided I wanted to change one of the records on my order for a different one, I emailed them and they swaped them no problem. They've been really easy to work with for me. It might just be bad luck for you. Email them again, they've been known to give partial refunds or send you a gift card.

I would but that was almost 2 months ago, its not really worth it to me now. But seeing as everyone else seems to have had nothing but good experiences maybe i just did get one bad one. Maybe i'll give it another chance if they get something else I want.

I did my alk3 order seperate. Pretty sure they're not gonna ship to you until it's all ready to go out. You only paid for shipping once, why would they send you two different orders?

An earlier post mentioned a partial order shipped. I wasn't expecting free shipping, that's why I said I would gladly pay for it. /

Hey, I've been spending time not on here for a few days. I missed some shit apparently.

1) The "cola/beer" brown is obviously varying as vinyl mixing is an inexact science. I'm changing the graphic. You see what we ordered and were expecting, but it's still 500 on whatever color that is.

2) If you want your order split up, you need to email customer service. I've never heard of them doing it, but they might be able to. They're the ones who have to sort out those details with you-I can't help since they've literally got thousands of orders to sort through right now. We've been absolutely slammed on emails and we're hiring a new employee to augment our staff. People are obviously being taken care of, if you're missed, hit them again.

I'm always here if you need to have any shit shaken down, but no one's being ignored.

Karl

You can confirm if all the bundles (3 colors lp'or the deluxe bundle) for the new AT record will got a signe record or only the 100 first orders got signe?

I bought the AT 3 records bundle with the others color reiusses, spent 150$ (48$ for shipping to europe),expensive but will worth every penny

Thanks

According to the note posted on the website at the time, the first 100 orders of the collectors package get a signed green record.

damn, regretting ordering the Alk3 package and NOFX repress on the same order. Should of split them up so I don't have to wait for the NOFX.

could you order them on a separate order and then email them saying to remove those records from the previous order?

on a semi-related note, has anyone who has tried to email Karl received a response? I've emailed him twice about my skipping Bad Religion record and haven't heard back (it's only been a few days, but he's posted on here since then)

Try cleaning it first, sometimes there's quite a bit of junk from the pressing. If that doesn't do it, you might have to do a little adjustment to the set up.

I'm not going to lie, my record player is probably pretty crappy (I don't think there's anything to adjust), and I did make an attempt to "clean" (i.e., "brush") the record, but I don't think that was the issue (the record looks fine). My record player does play the "Suffer" and "No Control" records perfectly fine (as well as the large majority of my record collection), but I can't listen to this record without it skipping every few seconds.

I'm 2/3 through the B side and there's been a number of skips. But it looks like corn, so I forgive it while trying to abstain from eating it

I'm not sure when you complainers are going to realize that it's your turntable setup and not the records. My "Against The Grain" has yet to come, however I'm sure it will play fine for me.

amen. I have bought all of the epitaph represses and none of them skip. The only time I had a skipping problem was when I received a USB turntable for Christmas (piece of junk - have since stopped using it). The directions had you dial in the tracking force, but my records were still skipping. I bought a stylus force gauge and it said my stylus had a downforce of 10grams, when it should have been 2. The only way I could get 2 was to unscrew the counterweight all the way to the pointof it falling off. I have since tossed it, and just use my main turntable.

Conclusion - if you have a turntable that costs less than a few hundred dollars, you should go spend $20 on a stylus force gauge.

damn, regretting ordering the Alk3 package and NOFX repress on the same order. Should of split them up so I don't have to wait for the NOFX.

could you order them on a separate order and then email them saying to remove those records from the previous order?

on a semi-related note, has anyone who has tried to email Karl received a response? I've emailed him twice about my skipping Bad Religion record and haven't heard back (it's only been a few days, but he's posted on here since then)

he's actually been very good about getting back to me. he even sent me an e-mail out the other day about the status of my new records, he said they were getting shipped out this week because last week the warehouse was pretty hectic

I'm not sure when you complainers are going to realize that it's your turntable setup and not the records. My "Against The Grain" has yet to come, however I'm sure it will play fine for me.

amen. I have bought all of the epitaph represses and none of them skip. The only time I had a skipping problem was when I received a USB turntable for Christmas (piece of junk - have since stopped using it). The directions had you dial in the tracking force, but my records were still skipping. I bought a stylus force gauge and it said my stylus had a downforce of 10grams, when it should have been 2. The only way I could get 2 was to unscrew the counterweight all the way to the pointof it falling off. I have since tossed it, and just use my main turntable.

Conclusion - if you have a turntable that costs less than a few hundred dollars, you should go spend $20 on a stylus force gauge.

If either of you had read one of my original posts on this matter, you would have saw that I acknowledge the crappiness of my turntable (I started collecting records a year ago, and by the time I had ~100, I got a cheap Sony one. Yes, I'm regretting not buying a slightly more expensive one, but, unless you're going to give me one, that's going to have to wait a little while (it's hard to justify a $300+ purchase to listen to the 3-4 records that skip so much they are unlistenable, as I probably won't end up appreciating the boost in sound quality)).

Anyway, since there seemed to be widespread problems with a previous Epitaph pressing (the NOFX ones from 3-4 months ago), it seemed it would be worth seeing if anyone else has had problems, too, especially considering that I had no problems whatsoever with records from that press. Maybe I got a bad copy? Maybe my record player only plays 95% of records? I dunno, but either way, I'm just seeing if anyone else has problems, and I guess I'm glad that the Against the Grain record you don't have doesn't skip.

I'm listening to my copy right now. No skips yet.

If you're having any issues playing a record that other people have no issue with you should make sure your turntable is level. The best means to achieve this is a spirit level (a circular level where you making all planes level at once. You can use a small normal bubble level, but you need to verify that it's level from front to back, then side to side, then horizontally.

If this is done and you're still having issues, like TrueTillDeath said, you need a tracking force gauge to make sure that your cartridge is meeting the record with it's proper weight.

If you've done both things and you're still having issues it could be the vinyl or your shitty table.