What is your job?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a book seller at Books-A-Million (books-a-thrillion)

I don't know what all you keep in stock at your location, but the one near me ought to be called Books-a-Couple. They had 0 Bukowski, 0 Henry Miller, 1 Kerouac, 0 Denis Johnson, 0 Don Delillo, 0 George Saunders, and only the latest releases by Michael Chabon, Jonathan Lethem, and TC Boyle. They do have a shitload of bookmarks with lights and dangly things on them, though.

I "officially" got a new job today, starting on the 8th. absolutely stoked. i did the happy dance

congrats man. i just got a letter about my recent interview:

"Your qualifications and desire for a career path exceeds what we can offer. blah blah blah"

that sucks. but congrats Mike that is awesome.

Currently I am a full-time student at Columbia College Chicago and am majoring in Journalism, rather unfortuantely.

I have a student's position at the US Attorney's Office in Chicago and can't legally disclose specifics of what all I do. When Barack Obama was still Illinois' senator I worked down the hall from him which was pretty rad.

just a full time student, at the moment going for math/education. but there's so many things i would love to be able to do, but i have to decide soon.

i'm trying to get a part time job soon, this pretty much just means i have to stop smoking weed for a while, and i'm at like 2 weeks now, which is a good start.