valentines day!

goraiders

I didn't want to be the guy who complains about Valentines Day but now that it has passed, Fuck Valentines Day.  As if it doesn't suck enough being single throughout the Christmas / New Years Holidays, we really need another Holiday taunting us Single folk. 

We need a Yeah I'm Fucking Single and Fuck You Very Much For Asking Day.

Tirade done, I always hate Valentines Day because I love doing all the cheesy romantic crap, yet almost never get to partake. 

I didn't want to be the guy who complains about Valentines Day but now that it has passed, Fuck Valentines Day.  As if it doesn't suck enough being single throughout the Christmas / New Years Holidays, we really need another Holiday taunting us Single folk. 

We need a Yeah I'm Fucking Single and Fuck You Very Much For Asking Day.

Tirade done, I always hate Valentines Day because I love doing all the cheesy romantic crap, yet almost never get to partake. 

Nailed it.

New Year's Day is probably the toughest to face when single, but Valentine's Day is a close second.  The entire principe of it is pretty pathetic, too.  It's always struck me as such a copout.  I loved surprising the last girlfriend with gifts, kind gestures, and treats... year round.  Setting a social-standard to go "above and beyond" in your relationship feels so cheap and contrived.  It pretty much defeats the purpose, if you wanted my honest opinion.  Spoil your girl because you're crazy about her.  Not because there's one day of the year where it's expected.

Went to Chinatown and we had a mega crazy lunch followed by getting cool Japanese candies at Ichiban. Then went to our favorite Chinese bakery and bought cream puffs and bean cakes. Followed that up by heading downtown where Mellie found a rad jacket before going to a mega cool hole in the Italian place. valentine's day really just means tons of rad food...and if lucky, with a very pretty person!

• 11 months later...