CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

Ordered one the minute I heard about this on twitter! I was at work and completely ignoring customers that approached me! I don't give a crap what color it's on, I'm stoaked to finally be able to spin this record soon!! However, if they have it with them on tour I might just get a second one for displaying when I see them in May!

So I wonder if the jacket will feature artwork like the original pressing, or if the Jane Doe character will be divided between the front and back of the jacket the same way the No Heroes LP was. I know the image in the DW estore points toward the first, but for some reason I think I remember seeing an image suggesting the second a long time ago.

Either way it should look fantastic, I love the art.

Edit: This is what I saw, but now that I look at it again the picture just looks messed up. I seem to remember it looking different but I'm probably wrong. http://www.equalvision.com/news/show/203

So I wonder if the jacket will feature artwork like the original pressing, or if the Jane Doe character will be divided between the front and back of the jacket the same way the No Heroes LP was. I know the image in the DW estore points toward the first, but for some reason I think I remember seeing an image suggesting the second a long time ago.

this just got me really scared :-/

Haha, why would you be scared?

Haha, why would you be scared?

I love the artwork, I just didn't expect it to be that drastically different from the original. I was expecting a removal of the text ("converge" and "jane doe") and thats it.

if it ain't broke don't fix it.

but nonetheless if that did happen I would assume it would be in good taste.

What if they completely redid the cover art with the dripping paint/grafitti style illustrations, like they did with the Petitioning... and When Forever... re-remasters (and then the Petitioning Forever LP)? Bet that'd upset a bunch of people, but I wouldn't mind that really.

YES THAT WOULD UPSET PEOPLE MYSELF INCLUDED.

But judging by the image on DW I think we can expect the classic artwork. ;D

What if they completely redid the cover art with the dripping paint/grafitti style illustrations, like they did with the Petitioning... and When Forever... re-remasters (and then the Petitioning Forever LP)? Bet that'd upset a bunch of people, but I wouldn't mind that really.

You know that the artwork for the Petitioning Forever was the actual art for the original Petitioning The Empty Sky done by Aaron Turner (ISIS, HydraHead) right?

You know that the artwork for the Petitioning Forever was the actual art for the original Petitioning The Empty Sky done by Aaron Turner (ISIS, HydraHead) right?

Aaron who? ;D

That said, I actually didn't know about this original art business. I thought the original art was something like this

[image]

Anyway, regardless of my ignorance of Converge trivia, there is still a trend for the Converge albums on Equal Vision to get a different cover art treatment in re-issue. So I brought that up to hopefully make some folk on the internet worry just a little bit, and amuse myself. But I wasn't trying to really start a false rumor or anything :D Really now.

Artwork:

The artwork on the "WFCC" and "Petitioning" Reissues was not new. All of it was work that Aaron Turner did for both releases in the past. Due to technical limitations of the day, much of it couldn't be included until the reissues were planned. For example, the original paintings from those releases are close to 7 feet in dimension. Ie: Hard to photograph properly.

As for the video-still and photo work, some of that was also used in the reissues as well. We simply wanted to focus on the art that was intended, not on what we settled for in the past.

If anything we brought those releases as close to our original intended vision (we didn't design those original versions on our own as there were outside designers involved as well).

Jane:

Since we executed this project visually, there was no need to address this project. It is the way it was meant to be.

Thanks.

-J.

Hey, thanks for the info. Good to know. I can see how all the different Petitioning.. releases fit together, and how the art relates. But I didn't see as clear of a relation with WFCC (fetal skeleton and all). It doesn't help that EQV states "With brand new artwork from Jacob Bannon." Especially if it's actually old art from A. Turner. Now I'm confused, ha.

Hey, thanks for the info. Good to know. I can see how all the different Petitioning.. releases fit together, and how the art relates. But I didn't see as clear of a relation with WFCC (fetal skeleton and all). It doesn't help that EQV states "With brand new artwork from Jacob Bannon." Especially if it's actually old art from A. Turner. Now I'm confused, ha.

WFCC:

The painting used for the reissue, was a painting Aaron did for us back then. It was so large we couldn't get a proper photograph taken that would work, so we went with alternate design plans.

Agreed.

We didn't write that description, and the credits clearly state the artwork creator.

Thanks.

-J.

Aaron who? ;D

That said, I actually didn't know about this original art business. I thought the original art was something like this

[image]

Anyway, regardless of my ignorance of Converge trivia, there is still a trend for the Converge albums on Equal Vision to get a different cover art treatment in re-issue. So I brought that up to hopefully make some folk on the internet worry just a little bit, and amuse myself. But I wasn't trying to really start a false rumor or anything :D Really now.

Oh yeah, that art.

This is what I was referring to, which, technically was what "Petitioning Forever" was a (half) rerelease of.

[image]

I'd like to see Aaron's original 7 foot piece. All the cover art seem cropped. But that's all off topic Anyway, sorry to distract from the topic at hand, and thanks Tre and Jake for taking time out of your busy day to offer information.

I wonder if this thread will eventually be as many pages long as the "Axe to Fall" thread.