CONVERGE "On My Shield" 7"EP announced

Holy shit, already shipped!!!! Placed the order 5 hours ago and got the email 2 mins ago to say it was shipped..... That's freakin' amazing!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for any false advertising. On the Kings Road side, depending on the orders, we're just starting to process labels on orders where we KNOW what the weight will be in advance. This might give our customer service a few "what the fuck, it says my shit shipped...." emails, but that's easier on our warehouse and order packing.

Word up.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify a lil more, while still being mysterious.

3 colors were available from Deathwish directly. There are still 2 colors available from us, but this could change at any time.

1 color was a "band color" basically the band's cut of the vinyl. This is the color being sold by King's Road, it is a yellow / white swirl. We haven't seen this yet, hopefully it is swirly.

1 color will be sold by EVR (Equal Vision) / Merch Now. This more than likely will not be made available until their copies show up in their Albany warehouse.

We aren't saying what the colors are, because who knows exactly what we will get when we actually open the boxes.

weird. i ordered jane doe and a 7" in the same order and it says today my order shipped. maybe karl already covered that in this thread earlier but im guessing they split the order into two shipments?

Karl said they started printing labels and stuff like that for shipments where they knew what the weight was going to be, even if the shipments weren't going out for a little while.

Karl,

I just received an e-mail back from Cody Jones. He basically said "tough" from what I understand about being charged over $10 for a 7" and two shirts. I understand that I don't get the media mail option because of the shirts but, I just had something shipped here from Paraguay and it was less money than that. It will not cost you guys $10 to ship those items. Granted, it's only a few bucks I'd save and it's all worth it for Converge, but still there's a principal here. I don't want to ripped off anymore than the next guy.

Here's what he sent back to me:

Hi Troy,

Thank you for the email. The media mail option was down early yesterday morning, but because you ordered shirts along with the 7”, the media mail option would not have applied to your order.

Sincerely,

Kings Road Merch

Customer Support

[email protected]

213-355-5192

Shit. I ordered from the king and sent a message about media mail and changing addresses, but I got shipping confirmation just now.

I guess I'll suck it up on the shipping cost and hope it gets here by Saturday before I move.

I did the same thing you did. But I got an email saying that my order had shipped, and 30 minutes later they sent another saying that my order shipped before they read my email and they would still refund me $5, which they immediately did. Excellent customer service.

you guys are all crazy. and I really envy you that the biggest worry in your life is how many variants of a record there are going to be. relax!

also, kingsroad/epitaph have been great people to deal with. ordered the 7" and the grinderman LP, emailed about switching to media mail to save a few bucks, my order shipped before they got back to me, so it shipped USPS priority, but they still refunded me part of the shipping cost. great people, and a great way to do business!

Karl,

I just received an e-mail back from Cody Jones. He basically said "tough" from what I understand about being charged over $10 for a 7" and two shirts. I understand that I don't get the media mail option because of the shirts but, I just had something shipped here from Paraguay and it was less money than that. It will not cost you guys $10 to ship those items. Granted, it's only a few bucks I'd save and it's all worth it for Converge, but still there's a principal here. I don't want to ripped off anymore than the next guy.

Here's what he sent back to me:

Hi Troy,

Thank you for the email. The media mail option was down early yesterday morning, but because you ordered shirts along with the 7”, the media mail option would not have applied to your order.

Sincerely,

Kings Road Merch

Customer Support

[email protected]

213-355-5192

Hey Troy.

From my experience... this is what it costs to mail 2 t shirts and a 7" across the country. In fact, I just tested from the DW store, and this is pretty right on.

I don't recall anyone saying this was the biggest worry in their life. This is a vinyl messageboard where people discuss vinyl, not every facet of what's happening in their lives. That said, I also haven't had a problem with kingsroad at all and I found their shipping prices and efficiency to be outstanding!

you guys are all crazy. and I really envy you that the biggest worry in your life is how many variants of a record there are going to be. relax!

also, kingsroad/epitaph have been great people to deal with. ordered the 7" and the grinderman LP, emailed about switching to media mail to save a few bucks, my order shipped before they got back to me, so it shipped USPS priority, but they still refunded me part of the shipping cost. great people, and a great way to do business!

[image]

[image]

This was sitting on my doorstep when I went outside a few minutes ago (thank jah for priority mail). Apologies for the crappy cam photos, I know I know the etching is not visible, but at least you can see the color scheme for the most part.

+10000000000 to Karl and everyone at KR, as well as DW and Converge for doing the damn thing! 8-)