Weezer - Pinkerton Deluxe Vinyl Edition

I've got an original US pressing of Pinkerton on Geffen, and it sounds pretty awesome. I haven't seen the MoFi copy around as much as I've seen Blue. I've been eyeing this deluxe set for a while now, cause those b-sides are pretty great.

If they do Red or Raditude on MoFi before Maladroit I will silently be upset for a few minutes.

I hope MoFi releases Maladroit soon too. It's kind of strange how they skipped right over it and went from Green to Make Believe.

Hm, maybe you got a dud? I have an early 2000s pressing I believe and it's kind of distorted, but it's always been a dirty record, specifically the drums and vocals. To each his own, though! I'll pick up the MFSL just because I'm a completist, so I'll see what I think of it after I've heard both.

I have the MoFi version and it's one of if not the best sounding records I own. No noise, very clear, I love it.

this pressing really breathes new life into the record.  I'm not sure if mofi really got it right with the pixies stuff and nevermind, but they nailed the blue album and pinkerton.

I tried to buy the box.. cruel reminder of the pains of living in Canada.  Shipping, ouch!

I love the deluxe edition of Pinkerton, but I think the extra tracks could have been sequenced much better than they are. I'm more for the b-sides and acoustic than live/radio mix/demo stuff. As is, it seems all shuffled about. You Might Get Me Tonight and Tragic Girl would get more play if not on sides otherwise occupied fully with live and demo stuff.

Is there a reasonably high quality and properly sequenced version of Songs From the Black Hole out there anywhere?
If anyone doesn't know what it is, it's the originally planned "rock opera" that Pinkerton was supposed to me with tons of tracks cut from what became Pinkerton... I'm sure there's a better explanation, but that's all I've got at 8 am.

I have both versions and did this comparison a few weeks ago.  I prefer the MOFI version - it sounds much clearer.  The 4LP version was pretty close but had that "tinny/washy" sound going on with the cymbals that once I noticed, I couldn't un-notice. 

I have both versions and did this comparison a few weeks ago.  I prefer the MOFI version - it sounds much clearer.  The 4LP version was pretty close but had that "tinny/washy" sound going on with the cymbals that once I noticed, I couldn't un-notice. 

OK so now I'm having buyer's remorse.  As long as it's "close" I guess I'll be happy!

OK so now I'm having buyer's remorse.  As long as it's "close" I guess I'll be happy!

No need for buyers remorse - the 4LP set is worth it for the b-sides and live songs alone (as already pointed out by others).  Believe me, the difference is minimal and the 4LP sounds really good, I just wanted to put my two-cents in. 

$40 for a 4LP set (especially this one) is well worth it.