Weezer - Pinkerton Deluxe Vinyl Edition

I prefer the box version to my OG UK pressing of Pinkerton.

Nevermind isn't that great in the expanded edition,  but they nailed it with In Utero. That turned out so great.

I didnt mean the expanded nevermind.. (or pixies?) i meant the mofi remasters of the pixies and nirvanas - nevermind didnt really hit the mark, sucked the balls out of them.. whereas weezer never really had BALLS to have sucked out of them.. 

I personally love the 4LP version.

Tragic Girl is a great song and you can hear a lot of vocal melodies from Butterfly and at least another song I can't place in it... kind of helps give an idea of how the whole intended album would have featured recurring themes like a proper opera.

Is there a reasonably high quality and properly sequenced version of Songs From the Black Hole out there anywhere?

If anyone doesn't know what it is, it's the originally planned "rock opera" that Pinkerton was supposed to me with tons of tracks cut from what became Pinkerton... I'm sure there's a better explanation, but that's all I've got at 8 am.

Here are a couple of interpretations of what it theoretically would've sounded like. One is pretty basic, the other is expanded upon with a big write up.

Short version: 

Long version: 

I personally love the 4LP version.

Tragic Girl is a great song and you can hear a lot of vocal melodies from Butterfly and at least another song I can't place in it... kind of helps give an idea of how the whole intended album would have featured recurring themes like a proper opera.

I hear a ton of "Pink Triangle" and "Falling For You," melody-wise, in "Tragic Girl." Really the entire B-side of Pinkerton. I am still astonished that "Tragic Girl" not only went unheard for almost 15 years but literally no one even remembered it existed.

Finally picked up a copy of blue on MFSL , it's numbered in the 15000's. Not a complaint just made me laugh that they went through the trouble of numbering these.

I always wondered how many of those were pressed

I think it's the only #ed record I own that I don't know the pressing #s :D

I always wondered how many of those were pressed

I think it's the only #ed record I own that I don't know the pressing #s :D

They've repressed Blue MoFi a couple times. I seem to remember hearing that the original pressings were in the neighborhood of 3000.  As of July 31, here's what they'd soundscanned.

Blue - 6,675

Pinkerton - 2,192

Green - 1,191

Lion And The Witch - 649

Make Believe - 505

MoFi will keep pressing and numbering as many releases as they can make while they have the rights. That's why you're seeing Blue records in the 15,000s. They aren't "limited" per se unless they lose the rights (like Sea Change).

Yes, we seem to lose sight of this from time to time.  I think of it as being similar to MOV, rarely do you see something MOV do go completely OOP.   It might be OOS, but I'd imagine they are in the process of producing more copies.