Glassjaw

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the show... No vinyl yet. Lots of people went straight to the merch table and yelled at the merch guy when he didn't have anything.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO vinyl BRO. ITS JANUARY FIRST. WHERE ARE THE vinyl. 1/1. THEY HAVE TO BE HERE TONIGHT".

When did GJ become a bro band?

Show was good. Kept an eye on merch, no vinyl at all (unless it was out 20 min after they stopped playing cause that's when I left).

They confirmed a new album, played a few songs off of it as the encore. "black nurse" (which is the confirmed title), "vanilla something something" (I forgot the full name but had the word vanilla) and another that I didn't hear.

Show was good, really good. They were tight and Daryl was somewhat active on stage (though he was so skinny I was afraid he'd break his bones if he moved suddenly).

black nurse = longest song in the world lol. It was a good song but not nearly as hard as the other 4 that have been released. As with their newer songs black nurse had a lot more intricate instrumentation with the bass and guitar so it was pretty sick.

sidenote - just venting but the pit SUCKED. fights kept breaking out like crazy. Some dude got knocked over so I pulled him up to his feet and then he punched me square in the face and called me an asshole. Not sure why he did that but had to walk away because i was pouring out blood all over the place

black nurse = longest song in the world lol. It was a good song but not nearly as hard as the other 4 that have been released. As with their newer songs black nurse had a lot more intricate instrumentation with the bass and guitar so it was pretty sick.

sidenote - just venting but the pit SUCKED. fights kept breaking out like crazy. Some dude got knocked over so I pulled him up to his feet and then he punched me square in the face and called me an asshole. Not sure why he did that but had to walk away because i was pouring out blood all over the place

I think you might be confused about which song is actually "Black Nurse." That one has been played since about March of '10. Its this:

The really long song, we think is two different songs that they just played seamlessly together. The first of the two being "Miracles In Inches" leading into another one that I don't think a name was given to or at least not announced but it sounds like he's repeating the phrase "I believe it...." Then "Vanilla Poltergeist Snake" is about a 3 minute song.