The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I really wish we werent waiting until february for the next episodes I feel like as a viewers as a whole are loosing hype about the show due to this. :/ I wont though.

If this starts Feb and Mad Men starts March will TWD be the lead in to MM? That would be... strange. Anyone read why the hell they broke this season up?

No one is really talking about next season's most pressing question?

Zombie Chickens!

animals can't be zombies, per Kirkmen.

i like to think i live in a world where chickens and peaches can be zombies.

could be a ruse like lost season 6. i'm holding out for zombie groundhogs. so cure, so deadly.

but, it does beg the question about herbivore zombies - would they only be able to eat corn kernels off the stalk?

so zombies will eat non-human flesh. that some serious top-down predator-prey regulation.

If one get turned into a zombie by being bitten by a zombie one would assume after a large enough zombies are present that should regulate the number of new zombies created. That is, if you are attacked by a large number of zombies you would get so eaten up you would not become a zombie (ate you brain maybe) or you would become a ineffectual zombie (just a head and bit of spinal cord/bones). The population should asymptote out eventually. All this assumes that you don't become a zombie when dying of natural causes.

animals can't be zombies, per Kirkmen.

i like to think i live in a world where chickens and peaches can be zombies.

could be a ruse like lost season 6. i'm holding out for zombie groundhogs. so cure, so deadly.

but, it does beg the question about herbivore zombies - would they only be able to eat corn kernels off the stalk?

so zombies will eat non-human flesh. that some serious top-down predator-prey regulation.

If one get turned into a zombie by being bitten by a zombie one would assume after a large enough zombies are present that should regulate the number of new zombies created. That is, if you are attacked by a large number of zombies you would get so eaten up you would not become a zombie (ate you brain maybe) or you would become a ineffectual zombie (just a head and bit of spinal cord/bones). The population should asymptote out eventually. All this assumes that you don't become a zombie when dying of natural causes.

This is discussed somewhat in the book (and in other outlets of literature and commentary as well) to a certain extent. In the Walking Dead comics, they go through a couple of different Winters and comment on how the weather will weed out a certain segment of the zombies due to shutting down motor systems in their bodies - it's also speculated by some of the survivors that ALL of the zombies are slowed significantly to a less mobile state at the very least due to the cold.

I'd imagine the zombie process is fair game so long as - like you said - the upper portions of the head go uneaten since (obviously) the brain is the route of all motor function. I'd imagine if AMC had allotted a larger budget, we'd be seeing zombies with half gnawed off torsos and such. Ah well.

• 2 months later...

interview with the new showrunner:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/02/walking-dead-glen-mazzara-interivew-frank-darabont.html?mid=twitter_vulture

i don't know if he was nervous or what, but he comes across as really egocentric and full of himself.

also, he doesn't mention kirkman or the original material once.

i liked last nights episode.

the whole scene with the arm falling off the truck and being retrieved felt really drawn out and totally just there for the gross out factor, but who's to complain about a solid minute of pointlessness when the rest of the episode went pretty smooth?

i'm just glad it's back on.

also watched talking dead for the first time.

when the arm fell off and andrea went to retrieve it, my mom kept screaming ONE'S GONNA GET UP AND BITE YOU LOOK OUT!

and this is why she isn't a writer of television shows.

also, let me just reiterate what a dumb bitch lori is.

Yeah that was so pointless. What they were gone for an hour and you need to send people looking for them. Rick never fails.

That dialogue between Rick Hershel and Glenn and the two guys reminded me a lot of the one between them and the governor.

Overall a really good episode.

totally was all "Its gonna up end bad for these two bumpkins" when they walked in.

I totally thought this scene would go a different direction but I am glad that we're seeing Rick develop further towards the darker side of things. I just don't understand why Rick didn't come clean about their current situation with these new guys. Just tell them that his own group is on the skids with Hershel and that they're probably going to be moving on soon. Although I'm fairly certain Rick probably hasn't come to terms with this... but it'll have to happen eventually. Secondly, did it ever occur to him to tell them to go try and camp out at one of the OTHER farms in the area? It's not like Hershel's farm is the only one out there!

I'd like to know what's going to happen with the other group of people that were with these two guys. The ones they said needed help. What if they're the ones who end up helping Lori out and Rick ends up looking like a total dbag for shooting them?

Oh and I'd like to point out that I would looooove to see Dale be the one to kill Shane instead of Carl.

Overall a really good episode.

totally was all "Its gonna up end bad for these two bumpkins" when they walked in.

I totally thought this scene would go a different direction but I am glad that we're seeing Rick develop further towards the darker side of things. I just don't understand why Rick didn't come clean about their current situation with these new guys. Just tell them that his own group is on the skids with Hershel and that they're probably going to be moving on soon. Although I'm fairly certain Rick probably hasn't come to terms with this... but it'll have to happen eventually. Secondly, did it ever occur to him to tell them to go try and camp out at one of the OTHER farms in the area? It's not like Hershel's farm is the only one out there!

I'd like to know what's going to happen with the other group of people that were with these two guys. The ones they said needed help. What if they're the ones who end up helping Lori out and Rick ends up looking like a total dbag for shooting them?

Oh and I'd like to point out that I would looooove to see Dale be the one to kill Shane instead of Carl.

i'm pretty sure that those dudes were just looking for some people to kill/rape/have some fun with, so telling them to go to another farm wouldn't have really been effective.

and if anyone other than carl kills shane i'll be super bummed. huge part of his character development, especially since the twins aren't in the story/comparable characters haven't been introduced as of yet.

when the arm fell off and andrea went to retrieve it, my mom kept screaming ONE'S GONNA GET UP AND BITE YOU LOOK OUT!

and this is why she isn't a writer of television shows.

also, let me just reiterate what a dumb bitch lori is.

they're setting lori up.

when she went into the barn my wife swore there was a zombie in there that would attack her, but she came right back out.