The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I typed this up on the Org Summit. Copy pasted here.

Comic spoilers.

I'm guessing Beth (aka "Who Cares") killing herself is supposed to parallel Tyreese's daughter Julie and her suicide pact with her boyfriend Chris (issue 14/15). It's pretty clear that Tyreese isn't coming into the show anytime soon, so she's going to make a suicide pact with her fellow no-lined boyfriend Jimmy and flub the suicide pact after they have sex. This will cause Hershel et al to want to leave the farm (as Beth said she wanted to die in that specific bed) and they'll find the prison at the end of the season.

[image]

This is the first episode in a really long time that I thought was really well done the whole way through.

It was definitely intense and it's always fun to see plenty of zombie action. However, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed in how far this episode moved the plot forward. They're still in the same situation they were in before. What do we do with this guy from the other camp?

Plus Shane and Rick are still at odds with one another. Even though Rick totally saved him from that school bus I couldn't help but notice that they kept the camera on Shane quite a bit in the beginning and end of the episode as Rick is driving. He had a very contemplative look on this face trying to work things out in his head. And I'm fairly certain the question he keeps asking himself is "How do I kill Rick and not make it look like it was my fault?"

Also, Lori and Andrea are both super annoying. At first I found myself taking Lori's side in their arguement but once she started giving Andrea crap about not doing laundry that was it. Both of these girls are nuts.

I typed this up on the Org Summit. Copy pasted here.

Comic spoilers.

I'm guessing Beth (aka "Who Cares") killing herself is supposed to parallel Tyreese's daughter Julie and her suicide pact with her boyfriend Chris (issue 14/15). It's pretty clear that Tyreese isn't coming into the show anytime soon, so she's going to make a suicide pact with her fellow no-lined boyfriend Jimmy and flub the suicide pact after they have sex. This will cause Hershel et al to want to leave the farm (as Beth said she wanted to die in that specific bed) and they'll find the prison at the end of the season.

[image]

i'm inclined to disagree with you on this one. by the end of the episode they made it pretty clear that whatshername decided to live now (she tried to kill herself but freaked out and was obviously begging for help and trying to staunch the bleeding) so i doubt there will be a suicide pact with her and her boyfriend.

i could be wrong, though. in fact, i'm usually wrong when it comes to this show.

aside from that, finding the prison at the end of this season would be a good way to end it, though.

What exactly is blondie's name anyway? I'll have to go look that up. They never did a very good job of introducing us to all of Hershel's crew. Some... but not all.

I really do hope they find the prison but I can see it being possible that they don't use that story line. Only because of how expensive it could potentially be for the show to produce a set like that. Money seems to be a big factor for AMC. It caused problems with Mad Men (17 months to get to the next season!!!) and Frank Darabont from what I understand.

Well they confirmed the Governor being cast for season 3. That, to me, implies that they more or less HAVE to find the prison, or at least something comparable, by the end of this season. I imagine something big will happen forcing them to move off the farm, and an episode or two of wandering, then it should end with them seeing whatever sanctuary on the horizon like the one issue of the comics.

Hopefully a lot of the extra characters get killed off.. they're useless and there's more than I even remember because they're barely in the show. It should be whittled down quick this season, or at the very least when the Governor shows up. I don't know how they'll do the Governor without Michonne though. She was pretty pivotal in that arc unless they're going to use one of the already-present females for that.

Well they confirmed the Governor being cast for season 3. That, to me, implies that they more or less HAVE to find the prison, or at least something comparable, by the end of this season. I imagine something big will happen forcing them to move off the farm, and an episode or two of wandering, then it should end with them seeing whatever sanctuary on the horizon like the one issue of the comics.

Hopefully a lot of the extra characters get killed off.. they're useless and there's more than I even remember because they're barely in the show. It should be whittled down quick this season, or at the very least when the Governor shows up. I don't know how they'll do the Governor without Michonne though. She was pretty pivotal in that arc unless they're going to use one of the already-present females for that.

this seems like it could work

they say the governor is gonna show up in season 3, but do we know when. 16 episodes is alot and they can bring him in midway or something. then they can bring michonne early in the season.

i am expecting they find the prison at the end of the season and they find t-dogg during their journey while killing off shane and a few others possibly.

considering how important tyrese and michonne were in the governor/prison arc of the comics, im going to say they leave the farm in the last of couple episodes and one or the other will pop up in the end of this season and the other in the beginning of the next. most likely tyrese in the search for the prison and michonne once they find it. regardless, i hope they follow through with the amount of destruction and chaos that is looming ahead.

to be honest, i'm not really a huge fan of any of the characters.

the only one i actually like is daryl, but now he's acting like a woman scorned throwing a hissy fit/pity party. ok, ok, i like glenn too.

I agree w/ this. They really ruined everyone in Season 2 except Glenn. Glenn is Glenn and will always be cool.

Dale was awesome, now he's a boob just like Daryl.

I'm surprised to see all this talk about the governor (maybe because it was an official press release) when it was already spoiled over a month ago that we'd be seeing Michonne by the end of this season.

And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that they'd bring in the Governor and then not include the prison. As A-Money has pointed out previously they aren't really following the graphic novels that closely besides having a very general story line involving zombies, finding a farm and including some of the original characters.