The Walking Dead

mcm1610

>:(

Man... up until last night's episode I was enjoying this show more than I ever had before. I was a little annoyed about Randall sticking around. Seriously, dude tried to kill Rick, Hershel AND Glenn with that sniper rifle business. WHY DOES NO ONE MENTION THAT when they're discussing whether he should live or die? He didn't deserve to live in the first place and his survival has only caused the group more headaches and unnecessary drama.

So now we're STILL arguing about Randall and they go and kill off Dale in such a pointless and random way. What purpose did it serve??? At least when Sophia died it helped wrap up the arc they set forth in the beginning of the second season. It also made a very poignant distinction between Rick and Shane thus showing us exactly who the leader of the group is. What a waste... whoever wrote this episode (wiki states it was Angela Kang apparently) is a total friggin' idiot.

Whoever wrote this episode (wiki states it was Angela Kang apparently) is a total friggin' idiot.

You can't really blame the writer. You can't kill off a notable character without getting the blessing from the executive producers, including, in this case, the writer of the comics.

Here is an interview comic creator about tonight's episode. Sounds like the end of the episode was planned for a while:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/05/walking-dead-robert-kirkman/

I'm all for killing Dale. Best part of a weak episode. To me it is important to know that main characters, likable or not, could die at any time.

what is this; A Song of Ice and Fire?!

I think it adds tension. Otherwise it's like Sopranos. Oh hey, this new guy must be the character they kill at the end of the season!

Plus. I didn't care for Dale.

Yeah his character became a pussy in recent episodes. But it sucks that they're. It gonna have his losing a leg storyline from the prison. It was one of ricks badass moments and a big realization for the group.

I think it adds tension. Otherwise it's like Sopranos. Oh hey, this new guy must be the character they kill at the end of the season!

Yeah his character became a pussy in recent episodes. But it sucks that they're. It gonna have his losing a leg storyline from the prison. It was one of ricks badass moments and a big realization for the group.

and the whole...cannibals. thing. YEP.

what is this; A Song of Ice and Fire?!

but in the comics they kill off plenty of main characters that you've become attached to. i just don't understand the deviation from awesome plotlines that they know work in the comics to inferior ones in the tv show that they made up just for television.

Just explain to me why T-dog is alive, but Dale is dead.

GO AHEAD.

What has he done for the group? he just showed up randomly in last nights episode for the vote and its like, oh hey, I'm t-dog and i'm still alive. even though the writers have done absolutely nothing with my character.

I'd like to see that as well. My girlfriend and I had a very similar conversation last night. She pointed out that T-dogg is probably the most under-utilized character on this show. He's pretty much just the token black guy now.

Just explain to me why T-dog is alive, but Dale is dead.

GO AHEAD.

What has he done for the group? he just showed up randomly in last nights episode for the vote and its like, oh hey, I'm t-dog and i'm still alive. even though the writers have done absolutely nothing with my character.

To quote the wise-beyond-her-years Maybe Funke:

"Well, that’s like comparing apples and some fruit nobody’s ever heard of."

I'm not trying to stick up for the show per se, since I'm not in love with it but they killed Dale for a specific purpose. The groups moral compass and the character with, perhaps, the most empathy is dead. Rick loses a potential moral ally and a "good angel" of sorts to counter-balance the other side of the spectrum. So his death could be the catalyst for the group to ethically unravel. Or unravel at a faster clip.

T-Dogg, at this point, isn't a character of consequence. So love him, hate him, or most likely, don't care about him, killing him doesn't do a whole lot for the show.

I get being upset because Dale does or creates the opportunity for awesome shit in the comic. But as a character on the show, I got no problem with his dying.

I don't understand why T-Dog is even in the show. He served a very minimal purpose all along, then he hurt his arm and he disappeared.

I'm not horribly upset about Dale dying. It would've been nice to have that amputation plotline, but in a live-action tv series, how are you going to have someone hobble around one-legged for the rest of the series? It's easier to just kill him off. It does suck to have his moral compass missing from the group now though.

I'm mostly pissed about how he died. His stomach got ripped open? That's not the hardest fix around, is it? You can get stabbed in the stomach and it'll bleed and bleed and bleed and it'll hurt but people recover just fine.