Anyone ever have any problems with Aural Exploits?

they have some stuff ive been wanting for a while and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with them. i did a quick google search and saw a few reviews saying they never got their order nor a refund for it. so i was hoping some people here could share their experiences with Aural Exploits, both good and bad, so i can decide whether or not to go ahead and place an order.

Ordered from them a few times with one terrible experience. Preordered something along with one record in stock - they never shipped and wouldn't return emails, and only did once I filed a claim.

Then they sent me the wrong record, and wouldn't respond to emails. Then it was too late.

So, best of luck.

For future reference we have a stickied thread for good and bad labels and distros:

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41293

But to answer your question. They're OK. They sometimes put up pre-sales for records that end up not coming out at all (Mazzy Star - She Hangs Brightly)...and then take forever to either refund you or answer emails.

For god's sake, Aural Exploits is not okay. Do not listen to anyone on Vinyl Collective except me.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=auralexploits&iid=-1&de=off&items=200&interval=0&mPg=283&page=1

At the very least, you would be supporting a company that stole money from tons of people. Most people on VC don't give a shit about ethics though.

i used to use them a lot but a few bad experiences (they sent records to wrong address, took forever for them to admit + other non related communication issues) and stopped using them. i switched to soundstagedirect. you pay maybe a dollar or 2-3 more but you get guaranteed service and good communication. worth it for me.

I used to love them but the last time I ordered something on colored vinyl I was sent a black one and it took a lot of pestering and repeated emails to get them to correct their mistake and it was done with a snarky attitude no less. That soured me on them and I haven't ordered anything from them since and won't.

Ordered from them once, Thrice's Alchemy Index 4x10". Contacted them 3, maybe 4 times over a six week period about getting the replacement copy of the defective Earth record sent to me. They ignored every message until I mentioned getting the BBB involved.

Don't plan on ever ordering from them again.

i recall winning several auctions from Steve and his company (aural exploits) numerous times with no complaints on ebay... then they opened the online store with the Harold and Maude, elliott smith exclusives and such which was a definite plus...

then came that exclusive yellow vinyl Mazzy Star LP which never happened (the band said no way to the color) and upon countless emails to AE.. and no replies, i filed a complaint with the BBB which panned out.

i find the prices for their LP's are quite reasonable (especially for the plain recordings LP's) and i used to frequent their website once or twice a week for their new arrivals and restocks, but nothing striking as of the last couple months..

so... it wavers, from customer to customer.

For god's sake, Aural Exploits is not okay. Do not listen to anyone on Vinyl Collective except me.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=auralexploits&iid=-1&de=off&items=200&interval=0&mPg=283&page=1

At the very least, you would be supporting a company that stole money from tons of people. Most people on VC don't give a shit about ethics though.

Yeah, the ebay rating really bugs me. But yeah, ordered $100 worth of LPs and the package never came. And they never responded to emails. Boo.

I ordered the Elliott Smith exclusive records and got them as promised. Don't think I've ordered with them since, but I will say that I've heard more bad than good about them. Lots of other options for most of the stuff they carry though, now that they don't really do exclusives anymore.