Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

Fucked Up is doing something with the new LP and that fake comp they have talked about.

Fucked Up - "Town Comp"

RSD Exclusive Vinyl LP

$17.99

While recording their brand-new album, the rock opera David Comes To Life, Fucked Up discovered that they had 15 extra tracks once the album and associated singles were complete. They decided to repurpose the extra songs as a fictitious compilation album from a British town circa 1978-83, in the tradition of local punk, post-punk and DIY comps of the era. The town is the one in which the opera is set. All tracks unreleased, and will not be on the new FU album (out May 24). Limited to 800 copie

That's awesome. Thanks for posting this. Hope I can score a copy of this...

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their "band on the run" cover is flawless, as is their take on "darling nikki (with gnarls barkley)."

I don't doubt that they would probably make it listenable. I just hate that fucking song.

Wait, Gnarls Barkley was on their cover of "Darling Nikki?" Whaaaaat?

i got confused...he did it with them at the VMA's or something on MTV a few years ago. cee-lo ain't on the recorded version.

i hate living in a state that has pretty much ZERO record stores.

if anybody comes across a copy of circa appendage ep, please grab me on as well. pleasseeee. dont wanna have to go to ebay for it.

Since when are there no record stores in Washington DC?

http://nowacki.org/dcmusic/

Since when is DC a state?!? We have record stores in DC. I don't think niku lives in DC proper.

i remember some stores putting up online sales of RSD-exclusive records last year (and even on the Black Friday RSD), but this year i haven't come across any yet.

guess RSD 'thugs' cracked down

That is due to the new "pledge" that stores had to sign and agree to to be able to get 'first dibs' on the Record Store day items (To date, 587 stores have agreed to it).

The pledge states that any unsold RSD product, can go to a music store's online webstore the next day, at the *same* price it is in the store. So if the Mastodon/ZZTop single is $8.99 in store, it is $8.99 on the website.

Stores are *not* allowed to sell any RSD items on Ebay, until 30 days after RSD.

Pretty good idea, if you ask me.

You can read the full pledge in the Eric Levin (RSD Co-Founder) interview at http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com

Since when are there no record stores in Washington DC?

http://nowacki.org/dcmusic/

Since when is DC a state?!? We have record stores in DC. I don't think niku lives in DC proper.

yeah i live like 10 min outside of DC, and all the stores around here in this part of VA blow ass..at least the ones that are left.

Full Foo Fighters Track Listing:

1. Band On The Run

2. I Feel Free

3. Life of Illusion

4. Young Man Blues

5. Bad Reputation

6. Darling Nikki

7. Down In The Park

8. Baker Street

9. Danny Says

10. Have A Cigar

11. Never Talking To You Again

12. Gas Chamber

13. This Will Be Our Year

Their versions of "Baker Street" and "Down in the Park" are incredible. Not usually a fan of covers, but damn.

two new additions for the master list

The Wonder Years - Upsides (record store day exclusive color)

Crime in Stereo - Love 7" with arigato covers.

tell me more

Upsides RSD will be limited to 500. All of the repress copies will be gatefold and have the new artwork from the hopeless version.

Crime in Stereo RSD is limited to 100.

More details on the Foo Fighters covers LP:

Following hot on the heels of Wasting Light's release will be Medium Rare, a vinyl-only compendium of the Foo Fighters' arsenal of classic cover tunes, released to commemorate this year's annual Record Store Day at participating stores only. Medium Rare is a must for every serious Foo Fighters fan who's thrilled to the band's versions of Paul McCartney & Wings' "Band On The Run" recorded at Abbey Road, seen them bust out Pink Floyd's "Have A Cigar," Gary Numan's "Down In The Park" or Mose Allison's (by way of The Who) "Young Man Blues" in live sets over the years, or scoured the digital and physical worlds for their versions of Husker Du's "Never Talking To You Again," The Ramones' "Danny Says" or Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street." Medium Rare marks the first and only time all these and more have been compiled in one place, along with previously unreleased versions of Thin Lizzy's "Bad Reputation" and The Zombies' "This Will Be Our Year."

I REALLY need a copy of this, and it looks like my local shop won't be getting any. If anyone could pick one up for me, I'll defiantly make it worth your while. PM me if it's a possibility. Thanks.

Upsides RSD will be limited to 500. All of the repress copies will be gatefold and have the new artwork from the hopeless version.

Crime in Stereo RSD is limited to 100.

Well fuck, I'm guessing I'm going to miss the CIS.

If you can't find it, I always hook people up with stuff they're looking for (within reason) for the same price. Try to get your local store to order it though! I don't think there will be a huge demand for these at all, I'm just doing it because CIS is the coolest band ever.

Well fuck, I'm guessing I'm going to miss the CIS.

If you can't find it, I always hook people up with stuff they're looking for (within reason) for the same price. Try to get your local store to order it though! I don't think there will be a huge demand for these at all, I'm just doing it because CIS is the coolest band ever.

I contacted a few stores in my area already and only one actually cared what distributor / label I was looking to get stuff from and even still the guy said it's still not definite. What distributor do you use?