Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

If you can't find it, I always hook people up with stuff they're looking for (within reason) for the same price. Try to get your local store to order it though! I don't think there will be a huge demand for these at all, I'm just doing it because CIS is the coolest band ever.

I contacted a few stores in my area already and only one actually cared what distributor / label I was looking to get stuff from and even still the guy said it's still not definite. What distributor do you use?

For vinyl we use Revelation. I would imagine most stores have accounts with them. These won't be available to order til this coming week though.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted a few stores in my area already and only one actually cared what distributor / label I was looking to get stuff from and even still the guy said it's still not definite. What distributor do you use?

For vinyl we use Revelation. I would imagine most stores have accounts with them. These won't be available to order til this coming week though.

Ok I'll stop in and bother the guy to see if he uses them.

just did the math... i could actually manage to escape RSD without destroying my wallet. unfortunately jimmy eat world and flaming lips are out of the question. but i dont think ill be able to pass up MMJ it still moves if i see it.

Info from Victory on the A Day To Remember 7-inch:

VICTORY RECORDS is proud to announce the release of the limited edition, Record Store Day exclusive, A DAY TO REMEMBER - "All I Want" 7" record. This highly collectible piece is especially unique because it will be the first time the acoustic version of "All I Want" is being made available. The b-side of this colored vinyl, limited edition 7" features an exclusive etching. Support your local INDEPENDENT record store on APRIL 16th and get your hands on a copy before they are gone forever.

Not sure of the legitimacy of this list, I found it while searching RSD on twitter. It seems that Jimmy Eat World will be available to order on their website as well!

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dbbe9e74a11aa45b2039e8d4d&id=455ee5b779

$46 for Bleed American?!

For a 3LP audiophile release?

Sounds like a good deal to me.

i went into my local store today as the guys working there were discussing RSD. they told me to email them with every release im looking forward to, and theyll work on making sure they get them in. didnt expect that at all because its almost entirely used media in there, so i figured theyd get a handful of stuff. but it sounds like theyre really going for the gold here.

$46 for Bleed American?!

Meh, 3 180g LPs should not cost that much. They could probably charge $35 and still double their money.

Not a bad deal at all.

Mastodon's live lp is 45 bucks and it's 2lp

Mono's live lp is 25 bucks and it's 3lp (and came w/ a dvd).

Meh, 3 180g LPs should not cost that much. They could probably charge $35 and still double their money.

Not a bad deal at all.

Mastodon's live lp is 45 bucks and it's 2lp

Mono's live lp is 25 bucks and it's 3lp (and came w/ a dvd).

Yeah, Your right. Record store day releases seem to be getting more and more stupid expensive.

I agree. I don't think it's the most over-priced record ever, but I wouldn't call it a good deal. Even just one 180g LP wouldn't be a steal for $15, let alone 3 without a discount.