Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on attending RSD for the FIRST time this year. Is there any way to figure out which stores will carry certain releases? With the limited quantities some of these release are in, bands/labels obviously can't supply copies to every single store that's participating..

True. Your best bet is to talk to the stores directly about the most limited releases you want. I wouldn't bother talking ot them about it until a couple days before RSD. They won't know what they're getting much further in advance. That will give you an idea what store to hit first. The stores put their orders in and some are sent based on first come first serve and other orders are juts placed randomly. There's not a lot of rhyme or reason to it from what I can tell. Hope that helps...

might be late but yah...

http://www.prosoundnews.com/blog/35176

Circa Survive - Appendage (Oxblood Colored Vinyl)(Web, Tour and RSD Exclusive) - Total pressing is 3,000. Only 2,000 units will be available in US and Canada. Balance will be for the artist to sell on tour. - 2,000 pressed

Circa Survive - Appendage (Web, Tour and RSD Exclusive) - "Initial pressing is 3,000 units. Title will remain in print for the artist to sell on tour. Only 2,400 units will be available in US and Canada.

Good news for any Queens of the Stone Age/Rekords Rekords fans. I e-mailed a guy from Domino about a purchase I made with them and also asked if the "Rekords Rekords Record" would be a UK only release. He said it would be both US and UK. I have read on other boards that the item will be limited to 500 but I really doubt that as they know they can sell way more.

Tracklisting:

Alain Johannes - Endless Eyes

From Desert Sessions 7 & 8 - Nenada

Queens Of The Stone Age - Regular John

Mini Mansions - The Room Outside

Here's another link to a pretty detailed listing of RSD releases. It has prices, pressing info etc etc. I don't think everything is listed though.

http://www.crookedbeat.com/files/record-store-day-2011-titles.pdf

I don't think any of this info has been posted in this thread yet, if it has, sorry.

Revelation just announced these...which I am hoping to snag all...

It's that time of the year again and Record Store Day is right around the corner on April 16th, 2011. Last year, we brought you the clear vinyl pressing of the classic Sick Of It All EP with four different cover/insert variations. This year, we decided to simplify it for you collectors out there, and instead of giving you four different versions of one release, we are releasing four different Record Store Day-exclusive pressings of some of the most popular titles from the Revelation Records back catalog!

So, without further ado:

REV:17 Youth Of Today "S/T" 7" (Red Vinyl) edition of 500

REV:18 Quicksand "S/T" (Blue Vinyl) edition of 500

REV:22 Burn "S/T" 7" (Yellow Vinyl) edition of 500

REV:68 Elliot "U.S. Songs" LP (Grey Vinyl) edition of 330

We will be posting a list of retail locations where these four titles will be available soon so check back for more info.!

where is this us songs reissue? i dont see a preorder anywhere.

i'm really interested in this. does it fold out in both ways like the original did? or did the vinyl ever do that?

i remember i had a room mate in college with the original cd, and my cd was just a jewel case, and i was super jealous.

a false cathedrals repress would be nice too.

where is this us songs reissue? i dont see a preorder anywhere.

i'm really interested in this. does it fold out in both ways like the original did? or did the vinyl ever do that?

i remember i had a room mate in college with the original cd, and my cd was just a jewel case, and i was super jealous.

a false cathedrals repress would be nice too.

They had it up for preorder in their online store, but not anymore.

I missed it, too.

oh snap yeah they took it down =\ my bad, didn't mean to get hopes up. Revelation Records did post the stores that ordered their record store day releases at the link below if you wanna hit one up close to you to see if they got some of those:

http://www.revelationrecords.com/index

I have a fairly beat up copy of the OG press of US Songs and it comes with a nice big insert with a red back, which can be seen through the cover that's the red vertical line on the front, and has some really sweet photos of scenery and stuff. I hope its pretty akin to that still, or better, as its pretty thoughtful packaging. and yes! a repress of false cathedrals would be awesome!

False Cathedrals should be repressed in a 2xLP. Record is too long for a single LP.

then explain this:

http://www.revelationrecords.com/pressing/rev95

I have a fairly beat up copy of the OG press of US Songs and it comes with a nice big insert with a red back, which can be seen through the cover that's the red vertical line on the front, and has some really sweet photos of scenery and stuff. I hope its pretty akin to that still, or better, as its pretty thoughtful packaging. and yes! a repress of false cathedrals would be awesome!

oh, neat.

the original cd actually folded out around that red stripe, one flap left, one flap right. both flaps had long thin booklets slipped into them.

one with lyrics, one with photography, if i remember correctly.

either way, much more rad than my jewl case edition.