PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually requested that the records be packed outside the sleeves because I knew from previous experience that these wouldn't be factory sealed (ordered the Juliana Theory 3 pack ages ago), and that splitting may occur.

They came to me outside the jackets, and all was well.

I practically have the "If this record is not sealed, please pack the records outside of the jackets and any printed inner sleeve" message on standby in a text document so I don't have to type it out every single time.

i never got shipping confirmation, they just showed up

did you get the two-pack or just a copy of each? cause i think i read that the guy doing the screenprinting got all the two-packs to finish sending, sooooooo

just a copy of each. i wasn't in time for the two-pack :(

i actually requested that the records be packed outside the sleeves because I knew from previous experience that these wouldn't be factory sealed (ordered the Juliana Theory 3 pack ages ago), and that splitting may occur.

They came to me outside the jackets, and all was well.

I practically have the "If this record is not sealed, please pack the records outside of the jackets and any printed inner sleeve" message on standby in a text document so I don't have to type it out every single time.

good idea--i'll have to do that next time. the bandits album was even in a plastic sleeve! it's not that hard to put the records next to the sleeve in the plastic. if only everyone packaged stuff as well as the mylene sheath...

Yeah nothing like getting four records today that I spent about $12 to ship, and was sent in a 12" mailer and everyone comes with nice splits...each and every one. You'd have thought with the $12 shipping they would have been shipped in some indestructable packaging with bubble wrap extra card board bothe sides etc.... Guess I should be happy they weren't thrown in an envelope?

mine came moving around in mailer too, but no splits! i did however have bite marks on both jackets, looks like a cat or small dog had fun with them! emailed them for some new jackets, kinda weird! hahaha

after further review, one does have a split! emailed them, i want new jackets! haha

also, they came with no bags and werent wrapped, these were forsure gonna get tore up in the mail

I'm shipping all the 2-pack orders and I put all of the vinyl outside of the sleeve and each copy is in a poly sleeve as well - I have a stiffening board in with every package as well to help prevent them from sliding around. I've got all the 2-pack orders packed & around 60% of them have been dropped off at the post office & the others will be dropped off tomorrow. I busted my ass getting all these together and packed nicely so there wouldn't be any problems.

its funny how the guy that doesnt even work for the label is doing a better job shipping them than anybody that works at the label....

I honestly didn't know he was shipping them himself w/out the stiffening boards and poly sleeves - he ordered them for me and figured he did for his orders too.

As much as I think this label is like some sort of parody, The "sand" from the haze colors really isn't a big deal. It's pretty standard fare anytime you get a record manufactured with haze colors. It's basically finely ground vinyl tossed on the biscuits before the stampers hit em. I know GZ used to do this by hand. Every record really should be cleaned before you play em anyway. All records typically come from a plant with some sort of debris on em. When you get splatter/haze etc. It's just a price you pay to get the unique colors. No real way around it, unless the plant hand cleaned each copy before shipping em out.

Suprised he couldn't/wouldn't find 10" mailers though. And being shipped w/o a sleeve is pretty bogus. I could have sold em 1000 10" mailers for less than 500 bucks ppd.

As much as I think this label is like some sort of parody, The "sand" from the haze colors really isn't a big deal. It's pretty standard fare anytime you get a record manufactured with haze colors. It's basically finely ground vinyl tossed on the biscuits before the stampers hit em. I know GZ used to do this by hand. Every record really should be cleaned before you play em anyway. All records typically come from a plant with some sort of debris on em. When you get splatter/haze etc. It's just a price you pay to get the unique colors. No real way around it, unless the plant hand cleaned each copy before shipping em out.

Suprised he couldn't/wouldn't find 10" mailers though. And being shipped w/o a sleeve is pretty bogus. I could have sold em 1000 10" mailers for less than 500 bucks ppd.

This. I personally think haze colors look pretty cool. Not that they don't have that sand effect, but with a simple cleaning they do sound better. I had to do that with an acid mothers temple record once. It really did look like the record was pressed on a beach.

I wasn't going to post it here, but since everyone else is...

My jackets were all torn up too. MYAH record was actually sticking out of the bottom of the sleeve. All 3 sides of WHOSO are busted to hell too.

Got offered a discount on the "test presses" but no replacement sleeves. I'm glad he didn't get any other DTR stuff I was interested in because this is a joke.