Any comic book readers?

Just finished Fables tpb 19. Great end to that arc but the gem was that Bufkin story - awesome. I think Willingham is way ahead of himself in creating a conclusion to the book but i like how things are buttoning up.

I read that they did a crossover with Unwritten that is so big that Unwritten is going to reboot. I figure i have a 6 month wait to read it all since i only get both via trade but i can't wait.

Any New Yorkers planning to atten Mocca in April? Any NJ folks hitting up Asbury Park Comic Con in April(a friend is the organizer)? Anyway, hit me up if you are. We can do a meetup and waste money together.

I'm in the middle of Locke tpb 1. Like it so far. Has an incredible ability to go from cute to terrifying. Hard to capture horror in a comic but they are creating tension brilliantly.

That's an excellent way to describe it.  If you dig it so far, you should enjoy it all the way through.  I really enjoyed the character development in it.  Being invested in and caring about the characters is what makes the book work so well I think.

Finished up reading Batman: Under The Red Hood today.  Really good.  Can't wait to watch the movie now.

I also just ordered/bought:

- Batman: Legends Of The Dark Knight

- Batman: Vampire

- Pretty Deadly #2

- Pretty Deadly #3

- Pretty Deadly #4

- Night Of The Living Deadpool #1

- Miracleman #1 (reissue)

I read Hawkeye TPB 2. It was pretty great. A couple folks on here were a bit tentative about the second collection but I thought it was great. Love this character. My wife is obsessed with Hawkeye now so I got her an I (Heart) Hawkeye t-shirt like the one from issue 9. Hope she digs it. 

I read Hawkeye TPB 2. It was pretty great. A couple folks on here were a bit tentative about the second collection but I thought it was great. Love this character. My wife is obsessed with Hawkeye now so I got her an I (Heart) Hawkeye t-shirt like the one from issue 9. Hope she digs it. 

I've been meaning to read the Hawkeye series. Fraction's writing is really good.

My local bookstore used to sell comics and stuff but just recently the owner kind of got away from that. He still gets some good stuff every once on a while from people trading things in. Just yesterday I found Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm graphic novel and a hardcover copy of Batman: Birth Of The Demon. Pretty happy about the latter. I got it for $20 and it sells for around double that online.

Yeah man it's definitely getting there! Here's my updated graphic novel list.

Batman stuff:

- The Joker: Death Of The Family

- Batman: Death Of The Family

- The Long Halloween

- Court Of The Owls (packaged with Owl mask)

- City Of Owls

- Year One

- The Dark Knight Returns

- The Joker: The Clown Prince Of Crime

- Hush

- The Joker: A Visual History of the Clown Prince Of Crime (technically not a graphic novel, but still)

- Gotham By Gaslight

- Year One Hundred

- The Killing Joke

- Birth Of The Demon

- Mask Of The Phantasm

- The Man Who Laughs

- Legends Of The Dark Knight

- Under The Red Hood

- Batman: Vampire (in the mail)

- A Death In The Family (in the mail)

Other DC stuff:

- Watchmen

- Green Lantern: Rebirth

- JLA: Kingdom Come (in the mail)

- Superman/Batman: Generations (in the mail)

- Flashpoint (in the mail)

Horror stuff:

- Echoes

- Severed

- Uzumaki

- Harvest

- Ghosted: Vol. 1 Haunted Heist

- Black Hole

I seriously can't stop buying stuff. I really need to get into some Marvel stuff. Anyone able to recommend some really good Spidermab stories? I already plan on buying Maximum Carnage cause well... Carnage has always been one of my favorite villains of all-time. I read this a looooong time ago, but I've never owned it. I also plan on buying Kraven's Last Hunt because I've heard good things. But yeah, anything else?

Yeah man it's definitely getting there! Here's my updated graphic novel list.

Batman stuff:

- The Joker: Death Of The Family

- Batman: Death Of The Family

- The Long Halloween

- Court Of The Owls (packaged with Owl mask)

- City Of Owls

- Year One

- The Dark Knight Returns

- The Joker: The Clown Prince Of Crime

- Hush

- The Joker: A Visual History of the Clown Prince Of Crime (technically not a graphic novel, but still)

- Gotham By Gaslight

- Year One Hundred

- The Killing Joke

- Birth Of The Demon

- Mask Of The Phantasm

- The Man Who Laughs

- Legends Of The Dark Knight

- Under The Red Hood

- Batman: Vampire (in the mail)

- A Death In The Family (in the mail)

Other DC stuff:

- Watchmen

- Green Lantern: Rebirth

- JLA: Kingdom Come (in the mail)

- Superman/Batman: Generations (in the mail)

Horror stuff:

- Echoes

- Severed

- Uzumaki

- Harvest

- Ghosted: Vol. 1 Haunted Heist

- Black Hole

I seriously can't stop buying stuff. I really need to get into some Marvel stuff. Anyone able to recommend some really good Spidermab stories? I already plan on buying Maximum Carnage cause well... Carnage has always been one of my favorite villains of all-time. I read this a looooong time ago, but I've never owned it. I also plan on buying Kraven's Last Hunt because I've heard good things. But yeah, anything else?

I started reading spiderman from the beginning, and while it's definitely very wordy, there's some good stories in there. I think I have the first three masterworks of spiderman, and I working on the first X-Men masterworks now and The Dark Phoenix Saga. I'm more of a DC fan myself though too.

Do you read the current Batman stuff?

I'll have to check out those masterworks then. I assume you can just buy them in graphic novel form right? And see, the problem with me is, when I get into something, I REALLY wanna get into it. Like... I don't feel right reading stuff and barely knowing anything about it. I feel like I should go back to the beginning to find out where certain villains come from or what happened to certain characters that has effected how things are now and then I feel like I'm missing out on stuff if I don't know those things, haha.

I mean yeah, everyone knows how Spiderman and Batman came to be, so that's not exactly what I'm talking about here. For Spiderman and X-Men, it's mainly all the villains/secondary characters. There's so many of them I don't know what stories to start at!

And as for current Batman stuff, you mean New 52? The only things I've read are the Court/City of Owls books and the Batman and Joker Death Of The Family books. I really liked them both though. Like... A lot. I just haven't found a good place to jump in.

I seriously can't stop buying stuff. I really need to get into some Marvel stuff. Anyone able to recommend some really good Spidermab stories?

I dont know much about Spiderman, but I have been looking around online about some of the best books/arcs in all of comics and I was surprised at how little Spiderman showed up on those lists. Batman would have the obligatory 5 or 6 of his biggest runs, Xmen would have two or so, and Spiderman was lucky to get one mention on the lists, I found this kinda odd considering he is one of the biggest heroes in popculture.

So remember when I said I couldn't stop buying stuff?  Yeah... I really can't. 

Just bought:

- Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus: Vol. 1

- Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage

- Superman and Batman: World's Funnest

- Escape From Jesus Island (#1)

I figured if I want to know the basics for Spider-Man characters, what better way to start than with a collection with every single Stan Lee Spider-Man story?  I'm so incredibly excited to get this.

I just heard about Escape From Jesus Island and it sounds pretty damn awesome.  Apparently there are going to be 8 or 9 issues, one every 6 weeks.  Basically this group of scientists on this island are able to clone Jesus but at the same time it causes a bunch of crazy shit to go down.  The art looks amazing as well.  Here's all the info you need if you're interested: http://jesusisland.com/.

^Spidey recommendations^

I remember liking Todd Mcfarlanes stand alone title back in the day. I'm sure I just remember his artwork more than anything. Other than that im just a fan of amazing spiderman #250 thru about #320. Mostly cuz of venom!

Also recently tried the marvel zombies which had spidey. It got old pretty quick for me.