Any comic book readers?

Snyder is awesome! Ill have to check out american vampire. I've been reading old tales from crypt comics too and rewatching the old show. (How did my parents let me watch that as a kid?)

I put off reading American Vampire for the longest time, but I was hooked as soon as I started.  It's a fun read and I thought it was a pretty original take on vampires (it could have been done before, but it was new to me anyway).

Based on your avatar, you might enjoy Lil Depressed Boy too.  I think it's on a very long hiatus sadly, but what's out is really good.

I put off reading American Vampire for the longest time, but I was hooked as soon as I started.  It's a fun read and I thought it was a pretty original take on vampires (it could have been done before, but it was new to me anyway).

Based on your avatar, you might enjoy Lil Depressed Boy too.  I think it's on a very long hiatus sadly, but what's out is really good.

Shhiiiit my tumblr url is thelildepressedboy.

I picked up the first trade from my local library and was hoooooked. That was just before the hiatus.

Struble posted some new art the other day on his IG so hopefully that will be coming back really soon.

Left us on quite a cliff hanger.

And for Burn the Orphanage no less - couldn't get into that series at all. yuck.

By the way, my avatar is from Scott Pilgrim (if that wasn't obvious)

I know :)  I have a feeling that most folks who enjoy Scott Pilgrim would love Lil Depressed Boy.  Seems like LDB doesn't get enough attention sadly.

I had seen an issue at a Gambino show during the Camp tour - remembered that when looking for something to check out at the library and from trade 1 was hooked on it.

Went out and bought all the trades that weekend.

LDB is great!  Unfortunately Sina Grace has moved on to writing/drawing a different book so LDB is on hiatus.  I have a couple original art pages from when LDB went to see Andrew Jackson Jihad....did I mention how nice of a guy Sina Grace is! 

So who is going to be drawing on the new issues?

Hasn't been a new issue of LDB in about a year.  Haven't heard that it is returning any time soon either.

American Vampire is a good read, and probably an even better read in large chunks (that last 10 month hiatus was a boner killer.)

Spaceman.....I wanted to like, but think the speech patterns kept me from really liking it.

To qualify this: just about everything he does is excellent. I simply think he has a unique creative mind that is capable of creating complex original universes and that it's his strongest stuff. Not everyone can do that and I think it's a talent that should be celebrated to it's fullest while at his creative peak. 

Pretty sure his creative peek was at 100 bullets issue 99....because after that.....

The wrap up was disappointing but i thought the writing was on the wall for that long before issue 100. Introducing new characters late into anything is a bad sign in my book. Kind of the tv equivalent of throwing a baby in the. Is in the final season.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like Azzerello should stick to titles where he's creating his own characters. I really think he's a talented cat but his work on his 100% original titles is so much stronger in my opinion.

I feel this way about Jeff Lemire. All his DC stuff has been disappointing.

I love almost everything Azzarello writes. Wonder Woman is easily my favorite book from the "New 52" relaunch.

If you are disappointed in Sex Criminals you aren't reading it right.

The way it wad described to me was not what it turned out as...

Instead it seems like Faction took some of Morrison's ideas in The Filth and made it less bizarre and raunchy and over the top.

I did not say it was without merit, just that I was disappointed in it.