Any comic book readers?

Girlfriends coworker- hey, does your boyfriend like batman

Girlfriend- yes, as a matter of fact, he likes batman very much

Gf co- well I have a stack of batman graphic novels that an ex left over that he can have

Got copies of Batman RIP, Man Who Laughs, and Noel. I've read them all, but it's rad to get physical copies of them

I'm not the world's biggest Batman fan, but that is TOTALLY awesome. 

For you. Totally sucks for the dude... unless he deserved it...

Hey, I just picked up a selection of comics at my local Salvation Army. Apparently some guy dropped off his entire collection, thousands of comics. I only grabbed like 15, but I'm not real into comic books, I usually just read my uncle's old DC and Marvel ones. These comics were by Valiant and were series like:

Rai and the Future Force

Secret Weapons

Unity

Anyone heard of them?

I have been reading Forever Evil. Unfortunately I cannot stand Finches new art style. It's very muddy 90's style. I do like the story. I am curious what the payoff is and what happens to Nightwing. Also the end is supposed to change the new 52 and set things up for the future. I just read today that Cyclops is getting his own book written by Greg Rucka. It will star the young version from All New X-men. It sounds pretty sweet since it will be about him having adventures with his dad in space.

the end is supposed to change the new 52 and set things up for the future.

I will never believe that hype.

Flashpoint did it i guess, and it was interesting. But in the back of my mind, I'm constantly thinking things about the new universe like "ok, so Batman has existed for 5 years and has trained and parted with 4 Robins?"

Not to be that comic dick, but that stuff bothers me.

Hey, I just picked up a selection of comics at my local Salvation Army. Apparently some guy dropped off his entire collection, thousands of comics. I only grabbed like 15, but I'm not real into comic books, I usually just read my uncle's old DC and Marvel ones. These comics were by Valiant and were series like:

Rai and the Future Force

Secret Weapons

Unity

Anyone heard of them?

Valiant had a lot of hype but some good titles. Harbinger was the best. Magnus had good runs. Showman was a fav of mine. If they had a good run of Harbinger I would be interested.

hahahaha.

I understand what he was at the end of the old DCu run, but up until Blackest Night he was awesome.

In Crisis on Infinite Earths, he was literally just Superman from another dimension who lived on a planet where superheroes were fiction, and then the actual fucking Superman comes and asks him for help to save the universe? badass.

Then in Infinite Crisis he was just a dude that was pissed that THIS universe's Superboy was just sitting on his ass, not using his powers to help people.

THEEEN in Sinestro Corps War he was just a cunt, and from that we got this awesome page:

tumblr_lulvotUfEt1r2lg31o1_500.jpg

Went backwards to start from GO on Brubaker's Captain America run. It's awesome. Nuff Said.

Next week is the annual Housing Works Nerd week in NYC and that means all comics and graphic novels are 30% off. They have some solid boxes for those looking for back issues of more contemporary stuff.

I was walking downtown early this morning after running a few errands and passed by Jay & Silent Bobs Secret Stash and a flyer in the window caught my eye. 

Neal Adams is going to be in store today! For whatever reason I never care much about celebrity but comic artists have always been a thrill for me. Totally going to take my kid down to explain that this man drew (draws) Batman comics. Pretty awesome.

^^^

Seriously. I was shocked how many folks had copies being signed.

I had him sign my copy of Batman 244 that I read 100 times as a kid. A true classic. Read it so much it's really really worn out. I think I'll frame it and add it with my original art collection. I also had him sign a Deadman TPB. He was a super nice guy. He put on a sort of show to entertain the line the entire time he signed/sketched. 

Yeah...

From what I can tell people over the age of 30 loved Odyssey as it was definitely old school style comic.  However, younger people that got into comics in the late 90s or newer....didn't care for it as it was not a style they liked.  I definitely fit into the second category.

But hey thats why they make lots of comics, different strokes for different folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read Batman : The Long Halloween.  I didn't like some of the character design in it, but overall I enjoyed it quite a bit.  I'm just a sucker for a Batman story with noir elements I think.

I love Long Halloween. 

I'm getting pretty excited for Batman: Eternal starting in April. 60 issues long though over just one year can get tricky though.

I love Long Halloween.

I'm getting pretty excited for Batman: Eternal starting in April. 60 issues long though over just one year can get tricky though.

I also love Long Halloween. Still need to read Dark Victory and Haunted Knight though.

What's this Batman: Eternal youre talking about? You have me interested.