(least) Fav. Color/Style of wax

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really disappointed when I unwrapped my Katy Perry - Teenage Dream 2xLP the other day. The sleeve make me think that it was like a Peppermint Candy looking LP........nope it's just white :/

But also looking back I hate the clear goldish ones, looks like sewage runoff.

You're going to be even more disappointed when you listen to it.

I think it's cool to have one or two super-clear records (for me it's Static Radio's "One for the Good Guys"), but it's kinda boring. Slightly opaque or with a little color looks awesome though. I've grown tired of most single-color translucent records, especially red and blue, which is odd because blue is my favorite color.

I think splatter can look awesome, except for split color + splatter like that Alkaline Trio record. Almost always looks like crap.

Dislikes: Black (exception: when it is most limited)

Hence why that heart shaped erg single sold out in black, before it did in red.

But me personally, I like splatters if they colors are different enough that it doesn't turn out as some purply grey mess, or better yet anything pretty and out of the ordinary. And black if the colours are bleh / already sold out.

I was really disappointed when I unwrapped my Katy Perry - Teenage Dream 2xLP the other day. The sleeve make me think that it was like a Peppermint Candy looking LP........nope it's just white :/

But also looking back I hate the clear goldish ones, looks like sewage runoff.

the Katy Perry 2xLP was one of my better vinyl purchases last year ;) too bad it's on shitty white vinyl. was also hoping for a cotton candy or peppermint style color! dammit!

the Katy Perry 2xLP was one of my better vinyl purchases last year ;) too bad it's on shitty white vinyl. was also hoping for a cotton candy or peppermint style color! dammit!

The sticker says Cotton Candy scented! It does not smell anything like Cotton Candy though! Let's sue them for a 2nd press on Peppermint/Cotton Candy style LPs

As long as the record compliments the cover art, I like it. I like black vinyl when it goes nice with the art and has a suitable label.

I think labels make the record. The ugliest record I have the is the Stranger Than Fiction on red because of the ugly green and red Atlantic label.

I'm getting kind of tired of "color" vinyl on generic translucent red, orange, green, clear and blue. These are no different than a black or white record when they don't match the art.

Favorite: anything swirled with black

Least Favorite: clear orange aka gold + FUCKING PICTURE DISCS.

I love clear orange/gold!

I didn't like them when I used a white turntable. But when I upgraded to a black project debut with a ceramic platter, clear gold became the best looking record for me. The ceramic platter absorbs the light and the entire platter becomes gold over black.