Great Deal on Modest Mouse Good News for People

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised the assholes didn't save them all for ebay.

^ Yeah, man. I don't think anyone knows at this point whether this was old stock found or a secret repress. At the very end of 2008 there was a thread here about how glacialpace.com had a bunch of Good News's available that a bunch people snagged. I was too late though.... and was so angry. At that time, I think that was old stock but now, it really seems like its most likely a repress which is a good sign because if last years Moon repress is any indication, that means we could be seeing LCW within a year!

I'm surprised Sound Stage Direct doesn't get mentioned here more often. Their LP Outlet section has some steals in it almost always.

The very first order I placed with them was in 2008 when I was searching for TMV Frances LPs and found it there. It was how I discovered the store existed. With in 24 hours of ordering it they sent me the Dear John letter about no longer having them in stock. Never ordered from them again til now. Not because I was pissed but because anything they had that I wanted I found a little cheaper somewhere else.

I mentioned a while back that there were two pressings of this record. The second press came with a download code (which is now expired) and there was a sticker stating the inclusion of the code on the shrink. The Epic logo is different on the two pressings as well. If this is a new pressing, the download codes should be valid (the others expired in 2009 or something). Very interested to see what the deal with these is!