The Hangover: Part II

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought this movie was definitely funny, not as funny as the first, but still funnier than a lot of movies. I just don't like how it was so similar to the first, from the first scene to the last, it was basically the same movie just with different jokes and in a different place. still worth the 6.50 i paid for it, but it bugged me.

the jonas brothers joke was probably my favorite

like most of the people here, i thought it was okay, nothing that incredible, and not as good as the first. i figured they would re-use jokes but it was just so transparent at parts (teeth->tattoo, tiger->monkey, etc) it bugged me. the parts in the plotline that differed from the first movie were the best, like the inclusion of more mr. chow.

that all said, it was definitely worth the four bucks i paid, some good laughs. i can imagine Justin Bartha must be begging them to actually let him be an interesting character, especially if there are any more after this.

Loved the first one, thought it should have had a Best Picture nomination in the expanded Oscars.

Saw the 2nd one last night and it made me so so sad. I think the location was it's biggest fault. Vegas has a certain charm for debauchery. In Part 1, the guys fucked up but there werent going to be long term implications. Bangkok raises the stakes as a setting and that doesnt translate well.

Spoilers, natch

Stu pulling out his own tooth? Funny

Stu getting fucked in the ass by a tranny? Not Funny

Chow (really want to call him Chang) being locked in a trunk and popping out? Funny

Chow OD'ing on coke and having his body hidden in an ice locker then popping out alive? Not Funny

Getting punched by Mike Tyson for stealing his Tiger? Funny

Getting shot for stealing a monkey? Not Funny

It all felt forced, when Ed Helms strums away on his guitar about being stuck in "Alantown" I just cringed. Speaking of Alan, he was completely unredeemable this time. That character wasnt 1/3rd as intolerable in the first one.

my 2 cents.

I will also freely admit that my love of the first Hangover was HIGHLY influenced by the fact I saw it soon after booking a trip to Vegas for Pacquiao/Cotto, my first Vegas trip, with 7 guy friends. We had an insane trip and while hungover and near dead on the plane, we all queued up The Hangover on the headset TVs. It capped off the greatest trip we've ever done.

Also, Mike Tyson singing In The Air Tonight reminds me of that ill Cadbury commercial featuring a Gorilla playing the song on drums.

• 2 weeks later...