Best places to buy records online

I really like discogs. You can make a want list and as soon as a seller lists something from the list you get an email notification and can purchase the item right away.

All the sellers I have dealt with have been superb, especially Italians and Germans. The only problem I had was a seller sent a rather valuable LP in flimsy cardbard, cardboard softer and thinner than an LP jacket (but the record plays fine, despite being beat up on its way here).

Also Italian dealers from eBay have been superb.

for used records... definitely discogs or gemm.com.

new/sealed records... midheaven (good distro company/selection/prices), sound stage direct (customer service excels..), and aural exploits (nice prices..)

insound.com has an outstanding selection... but a bit pricey. sometimes tonevendor.com has some oddball & exclusive records at decent prices.

Didn't know Discogs was so good - everything I've ever seen on there that I've wanted has been way above market price. May have to start looking on there again.

Most of the albums available at Discogs seem to be way over priced, but you do come across the occasional gem that is set at a fair price. I've only bought 3 albums from them but they were all records that I had been looking for for a while and they were all sold a decent prices.

All the places listed are good. I really like Amazon for the customer service, sending items as fast as possible even if that means from different warehouses, free shipping over 25 bucks, and not charging your credit card until the item actually ships unlike labels do with preorders that take forever.

I've had great luck with discogs lately. There are great deals depending on your location.

The advantage of eBay over discogs, gemm and musicstack is you get photos. Too many people are dishonest about condition.

Interpunk has been good to me.

this. i love discogs, i've gotten some really great prices on records just by having a constant wish list. i just finally got Calvin Krime's first LP after years of wanting it and can't believe it was only $16ppd. i just hope the record is in semi-decent shape. it's listed as VG+ which i'm hoping the seller is just being lenient on. i'm sure it will be ok, as i bought a record from the same seller before :D i always feel like i need to pad an order, but can't usually find more than a single record i really want from most sellers. diamond in the rough, for sure. Interpunk has also been decent, i just don't like to order from them very much unless i'm desperate for a certain record. they're like the online Hot Topic, but now you can order pretty much any record from HT's site instead and they improved their shipping for the most part.

my main problem with discogs is the international sellers sending your record in a WORTHLESS mailer and your record being a piece of shit when it shows up. nothing angers me more than to see those mailers when they show up and to know if i want a refund, i need to mail it back and pay another $10 and still lose money. lose-lose. i've even specifically asked for LP mailers and they show up in those. ridiculous.

i hate eBay. if you're going to bitch about inflated prices and over market value, that's ALL eBay is! gemm.com is ok at best, some of those sellers are always backorder and special order, some don't know how to ship records properly either.

www.vinyljunkiedistro.com has been good, except the $10 shipping (ahem) when it the postage comes and says something along the lines of $3-4. come on, man! :P great wide selection and very awesome used/rare section. it's been so long since i've made an order. i need to look again soon, i've gotten some great records!

www.roboticempire.com

awesome webstore/label. and the best shipping prices.

www.noidearecords.com

fully backed but the selection is a little genre specific for the most part. their records are so damn cheap though, but they're pressed at United (meh).

www.temporaryresidencelimited.com

awesome bands, awesome label. get into it.

www.mylenesheath.com

another label of awesome bands. great people, great international distro (when things are in stock!).

www.denovali.com

awesome bands, awesome label, awesome distro (especially for you people overseas)

www.auralexploits.com

hit or miss. good selection, but sometimes overpriced. lots of stuff out of stock too. boo. my last order came after a long time, the one sealed record (Melvins/Isis) was all scratched up and dirty. i kind of associate that with their customer service. it seems they've had a lot of issues with people on this board lately due to their shipping.

the one i tend to avoid the most because they are usually overpriced is Insound. they have lots of pre-order incentives and bonuses though. a pretty decent selection overall too. it just seems even with their coupon codes, the prices are just going to be normal price in the end.

discogs = gold if you keep a wishlist. For those of you that don't know, if you keep a wishlist, it will send you a message whenever something on your list is put up for sale, no need to keep checking back. Especially useful if your wishlist is very long. I also love that if there are multiple pressing you can add a specific one to your wishlist.

Another very useful feature is that it is essentially a wiki, if there is a record that you're looking for that they don't have in their database, add it, then add it to your wishlist. (just make sure you have all the details, they're pretty anal about the release info being correct).

Most of the time it is very overpriced, however you get gems every now and again.

Blindside 12" for $20, mewithoutYou - Nice and Blue 7" for $10 (missed that one the other day, so mad), etc, etc