MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

Lies? No communication? Failed promised dates? RJ being a dick to his customers? Sounds like a decent enough issue to me. A lot of people don't want a shitty Hot Topic pressing that skips on every track and has shitty packaging. Not everyone just wants a refund, we want the record, but we'd also like to know what is being done with our money.

I dunno where you heard it skips on every track (because it doesn't), and about how it has shitty packaging (because it doesn't), but I guess I just don't see how people still hold out hope for this release. I was pumped on this release, too, but I decided not to order due to the fiasco surrounding the Transit record. I get that there is an issue, but you guys gotta know when to cut your losses. Bitching about this for 7 months and counting is such a weird way to go about things. Get your money back, boycott RJ and his "labels," and deal with it.

The packaging is standard and boring, especially compared to what the MTS pressing will be, and a LOT of people had their tri-colour pressing skip on every single track, I heard that complaint from a tonne of people. I was going to buy a 2nd one after mine skipped constantly, and every one I talked to admitted that I shouldn't buy theirs because it skipped. And the +44 vinyl cut out a bit of tracks as well...

And how about you shut the fuck up and let people do whatever they want to. It isn't your place to care what other people do.

I dunno where you heard it skips on every track (because it doesn't), and about how it has shitty packaging (because it doesn't), but I guess I just don't see how people still hold out hope for this release. I was pumped on this release, too, but I decided not to order due to the fiasco surrounding the Transit record. I get that there is an issue, but you guys gotta know when to cut your losses. Bitching about this for 7 months and counting is such a weird way to go about things. Get your money back, boycott RJ and his "labels," and deal with it.

The packaging is standard and boring, especially compared to what the MTS pressing will be, and a LOT of people had their tri-colour pressing skip on every single track, I heard that complaint from a tonne of people. I was going to buy a 2nd one after mine skipped constantly, and every one I talked to admitted that I shouldn't buy theirs because it skipped. And the +44 vinyl cut out a bit of tracks as well...

I agree the +44 thing kinda sucked. I honestly didnt even notice it until someone here posted that. Missing the opening 1 second of a record isnt exactly the end of the world but it is annoying, I suppose. I thought that whole package came out pretty nice.

For TOYPAJ you're were saying the packinging sucked. Then I said its the same packaging that tons of labels use and now its "standard and boring". Why arent you complaning about every other record that you buy that has "standard and boring" packaging? Seems you're looking for a reason to complain. Not really shocking for a message board though. I havent heard hardly anyone saying the tri-color pressing skips at all. I have a copy and a test and neither skip. I bet a lot of people that bought this are younger kids with crappy tables and thats why its skipping. I dunno, I have a crappy table and it doesnt skip at all for me.

I agree the +44 thing kinda sucked. I honestly didnt even notice it until someone here posted that. Missing the opening 1 second of a record isnt exactly the end of the world but it is annoying, I suppose. I thought that whole package came out pretty nice.

For TOYPAJ you're were saying the packinging sucked. Then I said its the same packaging that tons of labels use and now its "standard and boring". Why arent you complaning about every other record that you buy that has "standard and boring" packaging? Seems you're looking for a reason to complain. Not really shocking for a message board though. I havent heard hardly anyone saying the tri-color pressing skips at all. I have a copy and a test and neither skip. I bet a lot of people that bought this are younger kids with crappy tables and thats why its skipping. I dunno, I have a crappy table and it doesnt skip at all for me.

I believe, in this instance, he's referring to the comparison of whoever is pressing the HT version and MTS; however, MTS' lovely packaging may never actually be produced, so there's that...

::)

Yes, as said above it's more the fact that someone is telling us to cancel our orders (which if ever get done have great packaging, ie. not standard or boring), and get the standard, boring one instead. We have the opportunity to get something better than normal, we don't need people sitting around telling us to cancel our orders. If we wait it out and manage to get this eventually, it'll be worth it over cancelling and getting another standard pressing from HT (no offence, they record generally looks sweet, but the packaging and audio quality hasn't been great in my experience)

Yes, as said above it's more the fact that someone is telling us to cancel our orders (which if ever get done have great packaging, ie. not standard or boring), and get the standard, boring one instead. We have the opportunity to get something better than normal, we don't need people sitting around telling us to cancel our orders. If we wait it out and manage to get this eventually, it'll be worth it over cancelling and getting another standard pressing from HT (no offence, they record generally looks sweet, but the packaging and audio quality hasn't been great in my experience)

I don't remember anyone forcing you to cancel your MTS order... on the contrary I do believe Travis just offered you a way to get TOYPAJ within a reasonable time frame... I'm keeping my MTS order and I'll get another hot topic version... I'll have so many versions I can swim in them. But first off, buddy, you are far too serious about your "packaging" and "sound" issues... If you have issues about sound, you really shouldn't be listening to Blink in the first place... that's what Ryan Adams is for. =]. I heard Hot Topic is pressing some of his shitty low quality mp3's or something like that... that will probably have some of your rad packaging as well! Secondly, what is so great about the MTS packaging? They are slitting three holes into a double gatefold and sliding in 3 7" sleeves into it... Sounds like a great way to make the sleeve rip to me. I like Travis's idea of having a three 7" box set to go along with the black LP that is MOST like the CD packaging.

Oh, and my TOYPAJ original pressing doesn't skip. It sounds just like crappy punk rawk to me. =]

/end rant