MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

Where is the issue here? Obviously, nothing is getting done. Get you money back, fuck this label, and buy the HT copy when it comes out.

Lies? No communication? Failed promised dates? RJ being a dick to his customers? Sounds like a decent enough issue to me. A lot of people don't want a shitty Hot Topic pressing that skips on every track and has shitty packaging. Not everyone just wants a refund, we want the record, but we'd also like to know what is being done with our money.

I dunno where you heard it skips on every track (because it doesn't), and about how it has shitty packaging (because it doesn't), but I guess I just don't see how people still hold out hope for this release. I was pumped on this release, too, but I decided not to order due to the fiasco surrounding the Transit record. I get that there is an issue, but you guys gotta know when to cut your losses. Bitching about this for 7 months and counting is such a weird way to go about things. Get your money back, boycott RJ and his "labels," and deal with it.

Lies? No communication? Failed promised dates? RJ being a dick to his customers? Sounds like a decent enough issue to me. A lot of people don't want a shitty Hot Topic pressing that skips on every track and has shitty packaging. Not everyone just wants a refund, we want the record, but we'd also like to know what is being done with our money.

I dunno where you heard it skips on every track (because it doesn't), and about how it has shitty packaging (because it doesn't), but I guess I just don't see how people still hold out hope for this release. I was pumped on this release, too, but I decided not to order due to the fiasco surrounding the Transit record. I get that there is an issue, but you guys gotta know when to cut your losses. Bitching about this for 7 months and counting is such a weird way to go about things. Get your money back, boycott RJ and his "labels," and deal with it.

For real. I'm so happy I didn't wait a second longer on my refund...sounds like the well may have dried up now.

Where is the issue here? Obviously, nothing is getting done. Get you money back, fuck this label, and buy the HT copy when it comes out.

You're not the first to bring it up but everyone here is aware Hot Topic doesn't actually press records or have a label. Hot Topic just works with the label that has the rights to the records and works out an exclusive deal and throws some input into how the package should be put together/vinyl color/layout etc. The label has the final say in everything and the record is exclusive to Hot Topic.

You're not the first to bring it up but everyone here is aware Hot Topic doesn't actually press records or have a label. Hot Topic just works with the label that has the rights to the records and works out an exclusive deal and throws some input into how the package should be put together/vinyl color/layout etc. The label has the final say in everything and the record is exclusive to Hot Topic.

This is pretty much it. I make a deal with the label and tell them what I want and give some input on color of vinyl and other little details and they manufacture the records and I buy the finished product. I havent heard any issues about records skipping or anything. All the big HT exclusives (Blink, Box Car, +44, Deftones...) have pretty standard packaging. Tons of labels that people on this board buy from use the same jackets...I dont see anyone complaing about those releases.

This is pretty much it. I make a deal with the label and tell them what I want and give some input on color of vinyl and other little details and they manufacture the records and I buy the finished product. I havent heard any issues about records skipping or anything. All the big HT exclusives (Blink, Box Car, +44, Deftones...) have pretty standard packaging. Tons of labels that people on this board buy from use the same jackets...I dont see anyone complaing about those releases.

Figured. It only makes sense. I don't see how people think Hot Topic actually presses records or is a label. Never heard about Man Overboard signing to Hot Topic ;)

Figured. It only makes sense. I don't see how people think Hot Topic actually presses records or is a label. Never heard about Man Overboard signing to Hot Topic ;)

Makes it easy to spot people who don't know what they're talking about.

long time lurker and decided to finally post much like a few other people because of this nonsense. anywho, i signed up for MTS' street team a while ago just so i can get free shit, and i got an email today saying they are revamping it and will be giving away free LP's for almost every mission someone completes as well as a free trip to SXSW. a mission consists of posting BS on twitter or facebook or getting free stickers or posters and handing them out to people.

so they have the time and money to give away free records and trips and update a street team page but can not send out a simple update that takes less than 2 minutes to do. MTS definitely has their priorities in line. thought people here might be interested in knowing this. their refusal to address any questions related to TOYPAJ makes me think that those rumors of the rcords not even being pressed yet is true.

Do we know who originally posted that stuff about emailing the plants?

I find it very hard to believe that pressing plants would just hand over information to random people that are emailing them. And if they are that's really bothering to me, and should be to all other labels too.

This is why I don't quite believe the big long PM that was even preempted with "I don't know how true this is" or something to that extent. While the current situation lends itself to the possibility of it being true, on the basis of certain things tending to be pretty standard in terms of disclosing information, this would be a majorly bad thing to hear. Regardless of what is going on between you and a client, it's bad form to just blab about it.

Well, he made a couple hundred bucks off of these to go towards paying off toypaj.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330670007262?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1110

Why the hell did he use a photo from another labels pressing when he owns the label that pressed this record?

Also if you go to his current listings, he is selling only the A/B side to a record in case you only enjoying the beginning of this record.