MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

Some guy posted this

"Hello, i am starting this thread so everyone who has purchased the TOYPAJ record from MTS can see what our options for recouping our money is.

I am assuming most of us paid with paypal and therefore if the payment was over 45 days old we can not get out money back right away. BUT, what we can do is each call paypal ourselves and tell them:

-your name

-the amount of transaction

-the date of transaction

-That is has not been received yet

-that all emails are being ignored

-and his contact info has been deleted from facebook and twitter

the number i was given are:

1-402-935-2050

( you can also find the numbers if you log into your paypal account and go into the resolution centre and click the contact us button)

or send them an email with all the details

I was told by a paypal representative that if there are 5+ cases opened against a seller it will automatically be reopened no matter if its over 45 days or not. And that in most cases if there are multiple files opened against a person that it is decided in the favour of the buyer.

PLEASE GUYS LETS GET TOGETHER AND ALL FILE A CASE!

FUCK R.J. LETS GET OUR MONEY BACK!!!!"

"Some Guy" does not count as a source. Paypal told me today that they will in no uncertain terms open a case for me. They said without an investigation by ic3 finding MTS at fault they will not cease his account nor will they act against him since the 45 day window expired. If "Some Guy" wants to step forward with better information please do so.

dude honestly chill out..

http://blink-182collection.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=generaldiscussion&action=display&thread=1841

Was going through the old Hot Topic TOYPAJ thread and found this gem:

Thats right! ;D

This should be available in roughly 1 month from now. Give or take a week or 2.

Will be on tri-color vinyl (red/green/yellow)

Limited to 2000 copies

Plenty of them will be available on www.hottopic.com and also in all HT stores that carry vinyl.

Any questions? ask them in this thread

Will update this thread when I have a more specific time for being released

Thanks for getting back to me so we could do some sort of co-announcement. Rad.

Imagine if Travis had waited to do a co-release. My copy of the record, that I've had in my possession for a full 18 months now, would still be in limbo. Hilarious.

Idc just like to hear an update when they're available!

And you will, today.

When have we ever pre-ordered a record that didn't come out or wasn't as high quality as promised? The answer is never.

It was a riddle all along! High Quality record released, promised, and never.

NANCY DREW AINT GOT SHIT ON ME!

Pretty sick of RJ's feeling of entitlement to take as long as he wants. Congrats on putting out blink records with nice packaging. I'd never buy any original material from you.

My sense of entitlement? What the fuck are you talking about?

I work my ass off, running 2 labels and a management company and sometimes get over my head and behind on shit.

At the end of the day, MTS releases quality records that nobody ever has any qualms with. We're not some fucking corporate retailer with unlimited funds that does what we pleases with a legion of people working for us. We are two dudes in a room, trying to release the best music possible. So I'm not sure where your head is at, but to think that I feel entitled to not update people because of the releases we have done is way off the map.

That being said, an update will be send via e-mail to those who have pre-ordered the album, and that's that.

The SRC Facebook is awesome. They are allowing folks to speak their mind. Looks like RJ won't issue refunds or give updates but he will moderate the MTS Facebook.

Keep digging out those old posts, they are amazing.

I think SRC forgot about my other refund they owe me since all this MTS hoopla.

I feel sorry for everyone who bought this, but the biggest reason it bums me out is because it probably means the reissue of Quicksand's Slip is dead in the water. I guess I should've pulled the trigger on that Euro bootleg when I had the chance.

I'm with you there, I dont know how it works maybe someone else can chime in but surely another label can take on the licence to release this from MTS and repress it they demand is out there for this album .... Travis help us out haha.

There are tests of the 7"s

Im working on doing the bonus tracks on vinyl. Hopefully that happens. I really want those.

this shit just baffles me then, tests made, just fucked up the jackets or they were gonna be way more expensive than he planned is my guess and he got way behind with all his parties and tattoos, what a cunt of a human being.

Yeah, 7" tests are cheap. He had those made, and was probably expecting to pre-sell enough copes to get everything in production. It didn't happen, and everything went downhill from there. Presumably, the profits from some of those represses would have gone towards pressing this, but it sure seems that at some point, RJ just said "fuck it".

My sense of entitlement? What the fuck are you talking about?

I work my ass off, running 2 labels and a management company and sometimes get over my head and behind on shit.

At the end of the day, MTS releases quality records that nobody ever has any qualms with. We're not some fucking corporate retailer with unlimited funds that does what we pleases with a legion of people working for us. We are two dudes in a room, trying to release the best music possible. So I'm not sure where your head is at, but to think that I feel entitled to not update people because of the releases we have done is way off the map.

That being said, an update will be send via e-mail to those who have pre-ordered the album, and that's that.

wonder who that other dude in the room is/was. wonder if it was Buddy from Senses Fail or a different guy. either way Buddy was smart when he cut ties with MTS a while ago.

Reading all these quotes from RJ is fucking hilarious. Good thing I didn't wait around to co-release this one haha.

I'll press more of these, the demand is obviously there since MTS sure as hell isn't releasing it.

What color(s) of vinyl should I do? Not going to do the striped tri-color or black 180 gram again.

Guest theusedguy
Reading all these quotes from RJ is fucking hilarious. Good thing I didn't wait around to co-release this one haha.

I'll press more of these, the demand is obviously there since MTS sure as hell isn't releasing it.

What color(s) of vinyl should I do? Not going to do the striped tri-color or black 180 gram again.

who are you that you have the capabilities to go out and press records? you own a label or something?