La Dispute - Wildlife PO

I guess I don't completely know how to explain my thoughts. The album sells out after each press, regardless of the size. What you does make sense. Attributing to the false rarity of "limited presses" and seemingly unlimited represses seems to be doing well for the continual sales of the record, but to me it would make more sense to press 1,000-2,000 at a time because they will sell out, and it would make more money in the long run.

1. collectors like limited variants?

2. it allows the label to have more variants?

3. too much stock?

4. not guaranteed to sell out?

just thoughts

1. collectors like limited variants?

2. it allows the label to have more variants?

3. too much stock?

4. not guaranteed to sell out?

just thoughts

1. I get that, but rarity inflation doesn't benefit the label. Plus, first, second and extremely limited (<200) presses are more sought after.

2. Yes, but it's more expensive to put out fewer presses, per unit.

3. Possibly.

4. If Somewhere at the Bottom can sell out after ten presses (and about a 1,000 less total records than Wildlife), I think Wildlife can hold up.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I remember a post saying both would be, but then they went back on that and said only Somewhere at the Bottom would be pressed on purple forever. 

Twelfth Pressing

1000 Translucent Purple / Translucent Purple w/ Etched D-Side

note: this color way is now the "forever" color way for all future pressings

Pressing info

I really hope this and Moose Blood are still available on Monday. I've missed out on these for too fucking long.

Unless No Sleep only got a certain allotment of them, they're selling fast. It's a /1500 pressing and the availability bar is already below half. I had no idea Moose Blood was that popular. 

Unless No Sleep only got a certain allotment of them, they're selling fast. It's a /1500 pressing and the availability bar is already below half. I had no idea Moose Blood was that popular.

Yeah man, they're gaining some momentum for sure. This is the fifth pressing of that album, and it's been out less than a year.

One or two of the Moose Blood pressings were really small though, like 500 units I think? Still blows me away how fast they sell out.

I think it was the fourth pressing? Idk, it sold extremely quick. That low pressing number is made up for in this pressing though, I suppose. Either way, I have like 36 hours before I get paid, and I'll be livid if I don't get these haha.

Also, I can't even fathom how big Moose Blood will be after Warped this year.

• 10 months later...

Rather than start a new and very short thread:

Big Scary Monsters are putting up a very limited number of their Tiny Dots pressing at 10am UK time (the middle of the night in the USA; they specifically mentioned in their email how this was not available for RSD in the US and then put it up at the most inconvenient time possible). For those familiar with the RSD threads, I am usually around to help if I can. I can't help with this one - I'm busy the whole day Saturday.

http://bsmrocks.awesomedistro.com/products/571356-la-dispute-tiny-dots-lp