La Dispute - Wildlife PO

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Finally got my red/clear last night. Found the vinyl to be pretty noisy, side C had tons of distortion :(. Gonna clean it, check my stylus and replay it tonight, but pretty dissapointed :(.

Seems like this guy had noise on the clear, too. Mine sounds alright, but i'm an idiot, so who knows.

• 2 months later...
So I listened to this throughout the day and thought it was pretty good. I learned a lot about Jordan and Brad listening to it and some of the stories were amazing, imo.

In regards to the show. I had a blast. It had been too long since I got slammed to the front of the stage for 40 minutes all the while losing circulation in my legs from being pinned to the stage at thigh level. Hung out with the guys for 30ish minutes afterwards. We talked about going eat at House of Pies, in person and email about a week ago, although Brad forgot they had a studio session at the crack of dawn. So pretty much once they were packed they had to jet. Got my Hear Here signed which was sweet. Guys requested a rain check for dinner next time in town.

Anyway I typed enough. Something kinda interesting in regards to the vinyl they had for sale but I will mention in the Wildlife thread if I can find it.

Bumped so you can fill us in.

Thanks!!!! I was just searching for this.

Anyway, so its nothing crazy just they had two wildlife variants for sale. Yellow/Clear and also Clear/Clear. Now this struck me as odd because I thought to myself, I could have sworn clear/clear was for the deluxe but wasn't sure. I checked my phone and sure enough deluxe edition only. I asked the merch guy, Lazer (who seriously goes by Lazer), about it and he said he asked the same thing, to which he was told they were different in someway.

Now all the vinyl (I think) was opened so I started wondering how this was. First of all let me state that I could care less what No Sleep does, but this is the second time they have done something I scratched my head at. First was when they were selling test presses on ebay back in December and they had a record which had not been repressed but had test pressings /5 and /20, I cannot remember specifics it doesn't matter. Main point was it all struck me as a little fishy.

I can only assume that either they pressed additional clears for the A/B record?? Not sure which record normally has color in the variants? Or they initially pressed more than just required for the deluxe edition and had extra jackets in addition to extra C/D clears which all the other variants had (minus black/black), which is expected.

Idk there a lot of plausible possibilities, just I thought it was a little odd.

Regardless I bought one just for the completionist in me. Kinda pointless story but maybe someone would also think it strange so I wanted to share.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

From No Sleep's Twitter:

Special Yellow / Yellow color way of #wildlife that #ladispute is selling on their current tour. Limited… http://instagr.am/p/VXZz6yFFmX/

If anybody would be able to pick one of these up for me on this tour, I would gladly pay for your troubles and whatnot. Definitely needed for my LD collection.

I'll see if I can grab one of these for someone on this board. Was thinking about buying one for my friend as his birthday gift but I'm gonna get him a Heather Gabel shirt instead. Scrambles has priority for being first to point this out. I doubt they'll let me get more than 1, 2 if I'm lucky.

Also, is anyone interested in a first press yellow/clear variant? I'm trying to sell that to pay for other records. Fucking Touche Amore/Title Fight split on the way dammit..