Music On Vinyl to release Universal titles

Just quoting their press release here, but especially stoked about the qotsa reissue.

From: http://www.musiconvinyl.com/news/music_on_vinyl_to_release_universal_titles

Music On Vinyl to release Universal titles

22-08-2011

Music On Vinyl is very proud to announce we have again added a new partnership to our ever growing roster. Universal Music will exclusively license a number of their releases to Music On Vinyl.

Mark Klinkhamer, labelmanager at Music On Vinyl: 'Universal Music was high on our wish-list so we are indeed very happy to partner with them. We've been looking at their catalogue since the beginning of our label and I'm very happy to welcome them to our roster. Bringing along titles which are basically 'must haves' for every music fan, I am sure they will even appeal more to contemporary buyers once they've been given our audiophile treatment'.

The first batch of Universal titles to be released will include the following albums: Joe Cocker's 'Mad Dogs', Camel's 'Snowgoose', Caravan's 'Caravan', JJ Cale's 'Naturally', Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Pronounced Leh'nerd Skin'nerd', Solomon Burke & De Dijk's 'Hold On Tight', Tom Waits' 'Franks Wild years', Pulp's 'Different Class', Queens Of The Stone Age's 'Lullabies to paralyze' and Miles Davis' 'L'ascenceur pour l'echafaud'. Once these first 10 vinyl are released, they will be followed by titles from a.o. The Cure,Bob Marley, Beck and Bachman Turner Overdrive.

It goes without saying that some of the releases will get the special Music On Vinyl treatment. For example, Queens Of The Stone Age's 'Lullabies to paralyze' will be released as a limited edition, colored vinyl, etched D-side edition.

Does anyone happen to know the best place to buy MoV releases?

Amazon does offer a handful of them, but I buy most of mine through eBay. You can catch a good deal every now and then. But you're pretty much looking at paying twice what you'd pay for a domestic release. In some cases, that's okay. I was more than happy to pay $40 for a repress of Alice In Chains' "Unplugged."

And on the subject at hand, I'm looking forward to finally replacing my copy of "Lullabies," since my last copy walked off with an ex at some point... ::)

Fingers crossed that 'The Cure' being on that list means a 'Wish' reissue. Never had a US vinyl release to begin with, so $35+ isn't that bad, especially if they were to add some extras (ie the 'Lost Wishes' cassette tracks thrown in).

This. (and even though it always gets shat on by others, I'm all for a Bloodflowers release).

the possibility of some more Cure reissues has my interest piqued, but the comments that suggest it won't come cheap have me concerned.

I've been happy with the MoV reissues of the Manic Street Preachers catolog so far, but I've only got two of what I think has been four. If you don't have the originals (which, yeah, I do), these are much more affordable. Especially if you are new to the band, and want to have the stuff on vinyl.

Just waiting for their reissue of The Holy Bible because we may finally get a good, quality pressing instead of just the mid-90s picture disc.

Why are they etching the D-Side of Lullabies. They should leave it spread across all 4 sides like the first press. That's retarded and now they'll have some dumb reason ("special treatment") to REALLY overcharge for it.

Does Universal have the rights to Songs For The Deaf? Because if so, that should have bee the first QOTSA album they repressed.

I wasn't sure if Universal owned Interscope but I just checked and they do. WTF. Should have done Songs.