Smashing Pumpkins

DAMMIT! I wanna buy this again just so my Zero isn't effed up. 

You guys who aren't having distortion problems on that track, you're buying it from amazon.ca correct? 

I wonder if they really did fix the dead wax issue...

I purchased mine from Amazon.ca and it does not have distortion issues at all.

Amazon.ca for mine.

Although it's my only copy, so I can't compare on the same equipment to tell if it's "fixed" or if it's just that some turntables are more susceptible.

I'll try spinning this later on my little shitty portable Numark to see if I hear it on lower end equipment that has never seen an alignment.

Fuck it! I'm re-ordering before the price goes up anymore. I only paid $28 for my first copy and I'll just return this one if it sounds the same.

whaaaa, you won't just return the first as if it's the second, if the second sounds better?

the hobby is all aboot doing what ever it takes.

Just completed my first listen. It sounds fantastic, although the vocals in the last part of Zero when Corgan is really yelling do sound a little muddled. But I couldn't quite tell on the first listen if that's what it's supposed to sound like. I mean, he is yelling over a lot of distortion, after all.

Can someone describe the distorted sound from the original US pressing?

The ending vocals of Zero sound pristine on my copy.

And Jellybelly just sounds delicious.

3 things that stick out to me in regards to this box-set.

1 - Zero legitimately made my ears hurt. The distortion REALLY picks up midway through the track on mine.

2 - The first tracks on each side sounds amazing. The last tracks on each side start to sound a little tinny/trebly/thin.

3 - The bonus book on the album/process and the lyric book are so sick. This package is really top-notch beside the Zero issue.

Upon extremely critical listening with my good headphones, I do hear a bit of distortion in the final 30 seconds of Zero. On my turntable it's so minimal I can't really hear it without headphones, and even then I kind of have to be listening carefully for it.

That said, it's NOTHING like the various YouTube videos show. Again, on my copy with my turntable and my alignment. And honestly, if there was one song on the album to have distortion, there's no better track to "hide" it in than Zero.

Just bought tickets to the Atlanta show for me and my pops. Has anyone been to one of their 2013 tour dates? Last tour I went on was the pre shows they did for Zeitgist where they played the Orange Peel. What acts are supporting them on this tour?

did you get those off Groupon?  I think I might jump on the offer.

You can hear what it sounds like around 2:25 in the video

Hey, That's me!

at the time of recording that video, there seemed to be some debate on the SP official boards and the Steve Hoffman forums that the issue could have something to do with cartridge alignment and calibration, in my findings that turned out to be complete bullshit. 

what is all the fuss about? zero is easily the worst song on this ablum.

who cares if the last 20 seconds sound like shit, if the whole sound sounds that way anyway.

and this is coming from a die hard pumpkins fag here.

Because 30 bucks isnt a good enough deal for people on here so they must complain.