Smashing Pumpkins

I got this today.  Wow.  It is easily the best $40 I have spent on a record in a long time.  Anyone who is a fan needs to order this right away.  I am blown away.

Also, the good news, no distortion at the end of Zero.  It sounds really good at the end of the track.  There's perfect silence when it drops out and Billy says "only".  

Also, the good news, no distortion at the end of Zero.  It sounds really good at the end of the track.  There's perfect silence when it drops out and Billy says "only".

Hmmm...

I wonder if they silently fixed the pressing issue or if .ca is selling the EU version now? The next question is do I order it and take the gamble that a second copy sounds the same as my first? Decisions. Anyone else order from .ca recently and have no problems with Zero?

There is more deadwax on the euro cut of side A.

Also, the box is slightly different. Couldn't find any pics (else than US version) but I have seen the euro version at my local record store (I have the US version). The euro version box is little bit thinner and there were some other differences regarding the actual box but I can't remember what...

Aeroplane Flies High is next.

so stoked, but based on these prices, we're going to get destroyed over this one.

unless they do something cool, like, press it as a 2xLP, with all the MCIS singles removed.

that would be nice.

but if it's the way i'm expecting it to be, it will be an expensive box set.

I ordered mine on Monday and received it yesterday, and that was with standard shipping. It is an awesome package! I have played Zero twice now (a second time just to make sure) and it sounds perfect. No distortion at all. I avoided this package when it was first released because of the price and the quality problems. So happy that I saw the recent post on here about Amazon.ca carrying it at the much-cheaper price. Now that I have listened to it all the way through, I would have gladly paid the exorbitant beginning price. A beautiful package and an amazing-sounding album, IMO.

DHL just delivered mine. What a gorgeous package. Wow.

As for the dead wax, here's what mine looks like:

Image.jpg

(Thumb for scale)

The b-side has almost twice as much, but I don't hear any distracting distortion on Zero regardless. I haven't listened on headphones yet, but I don't see it being a big thing if it's noticeable at all.