Goo Goo Dolls - Vinyl Releases???

beags

the first three albums are all you need, dude.

boy named goo, maybe.

but jud and car wash are where it's at.

Superstar Car Wash was their fourth album.

oh?

so what am i missing.

jud, carwash, selftitled...and then goo, no?

guess i'm about to wiki me some pedia.

edit:

i had mistaken hold me up for self titled, and assumed jed was their first.

well, their 2nd - 4th albums are decent, imo.

i should check out their debut s/t.

Take a dump on your record player, turn it on, put the needle down and violá that familiar Goo Goo Dolls sound is now blasting from your speakers.

All joking aside, I really do wonder exactly how this would sound but have no desire to attempt it. Probably just like the needle dragging across a label or something.

Thought some Brendan Kelly fans may find this relevant to the thread - his quote..

"Goo Goo Dolls Hold me Up- I’m dead serious when I say that this is the record that the Lawrence Arms entire program is based on. Listen to it and you’ll see. The bassist sings faster, raspier more aggressive songs and the guitar player sings the more melancholy or thoughtful jammers with a clean voice that dampens panties up to 2 miles away. I actually sing the way I do based on just trying to imitate the bass player dude’s voice when I was younger. Yes, they’ve gone on to be this toxic avenger version of Bon Jovi that makes the soundtrack to middle aged moms masturbating by candlelight in their jaccuzzis, but man…this record killed me when it came out. Great prince cover too, and I tend to hate shit like that."

• 2 years later...

I'm really surprised with all these major labels going through their back catalogs and reissuing things on vinyl that the Goo Goo Dolls catalog has gone overlooked.  I'd love to own "Super Star Carwash" and I'd probably buy "Boy Named Goo", too.  Damn you Warner Brothers.

I'm really surprised with all these major labels going through their back catalogs and reissuing things on vinyl that the Goo Goo Dolls catalog has gone overlooked.  I'd love to own "Super Star Carwash" and I'd probably buy "Boy Named Goo", too.  Damn you Warner Brothers.

I'm thinking that since they released the last record on vinyl that their eyes are at least open to it now. First time ever on vinyl for those 2 at least would seemingly be a decent money maker for WB.

you must not have heard the 80s albums

No way man... Hold Your Fire might be terrible, but Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, and Signals are up there with the best albums they ever made. (I'm also partial to Grace Under Pressure and Presto.)

That said, everything after Roll The Bones and before Snakes & Arrows is super hit-and-miss... 

I'll admit that Superstar Car Wash and A Boy Named Good are great, scuzzy pop-rock records... The songs where Johnny is trying his hardest to be Paul Westerberg are top-notch. 

Dizzy starts to get over-produced but the songwriting is strong enough to power through. (Still can't listen to Iris tho.) After that the albums become indistinguishable for me.

So basically, I'd buy SCW and ABNG and DUTG if/when WB and Metal Blade decide to those those right. C'mon, if the SPIN DOCTORS can get a vinyl issue....

I'll admit that Superstar Car Wash and A Boy Named Good are great, scuzzy pop-rock records... The songs where Johnny is trying his hardest to be Paul Westerberg are top-notch. 

Dizzy starts to get over-produced but the songwriting is strong enough to power through. (Still can't listen to Iris tho.) After that the albums become indistinguishable for me.

So basically, I'd buy SCW and ABNG and DUTG if/when WB and Metal Blade decide to those those right. C'mon, if the SPIN DOCTORS can get a vinyl issue....

That's all I'm asking for filthy rich. Also I'm going to go to bat for Hold Your Fire. Time Stand Still being on that record alone makes Hold Your Fire a keeper.