Are Thursday Breaking Up?

crime

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a city by the light divided is overall their weakest (full length) album i think but i can find something in every release that i really like. 17 yr old me still thinks full collapse is an incredible record.

this.

i don't get all the ACBTLD love. i couldn't get into it at all.

Sucks. i thought No Devolucion was a good album and showed some potential for future growth.

I felt the same way. Everything they put out after Full Collapse was always rather hit or miss for me but No Devolucion was the first thing I'd heard from them in a while that really grabbed my attention. It's unfortunate that they're throwing in the towel after displaying such a promising return.

Looks like their show at the Grop Shop this coming Monday may be my last chance to see them. Although I haven't seen them live since they opened for Saves the Day back in like 2002 or something. Right around the time they blew up and signed with Island. That was a weird show...

a city by the light divided is overall their weakest (full length) album i think but i can find something in every release that i really like. 17 yr old me still thinks full collapse is an incredible record.

this.

Personally for me it had a lot to do with me thinking that in some ways it didn't sound like Thursday. Songs like The Love Song Writer and Autumn Leaves Revisited were things i wouldn't have expected to hear from them. While Running From The Rain is still one of the most beautiful song's I've ever heard.

get over yourselves and stop being so god damn childish

No denigration meant on my part in quoting that, I stopped paying attention somewhere after Full Collapse so genuinely had no idea they were still with a large following. That's how it is sometimes for me, I'll stop following a band for whatever reason and then look them up years later to find they've released a slew of albums since last I heard them. I still have great memories of FC for sure.

i'm kind of bummed to hear the news. i kind of lost interest in them after war all the time. a city by the light divided bored me, but they recaptured my interest with no devolucion. i sort of kept up with them in between those albums though since they always seemed to cross paths with jonah matranga and i'm a big fan of far and his various projects. i think that latest thursday record just hit me at the right time in my life and i was up for investing a little more attention into thursday all over again. oh well.

i'll always remember the first time i saw them was at the warped tour right after full collapse came out. i met geoff (and jonah) a couple years later at another warped tour and he was the nicest guy ever.

well. i know what a bummer it is to have one of your favorite bands break up. let alone two, for you guys into thrice as well.

but both of them are bands that i kind of liked at first, then sort of thought..."wait. what the hell am i listening to?" so I was with them both through about 2 or 3 albums.

So yeah. Sorry to those of you bummed out. Sucks when a band that means a lot to you breaks up.

this.

record has so many epic songs on it...go back re-listen to it this weekend. I think the actual song writing really took a huge leap forward.

What I never understand is peoples devotion to War All the Time, which is one of the most boring albums I've ever heard...the band seems bored, lifeless playing the songs.

If money were of no concern, I'd have gone to that Pittsburgh show in a heartbeat. Holy fuck.

Saw the TOuche tour on Wednesday, seeing Thursday on Friday. It'll still be awesome.

I went to the Touche show too! All the bands were awesome. I picked up Seahaven's new album and I really love it. They won't get the same crowd reaction as TA but they have some good tunes.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':plotsc50]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':plotsc50]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

this.

record has so many epic songs on it...go back re-listen to it this weekend. I think the actual song writing really took a huge leap forward.

What I never understand is peoples devotion to War All the Time, which is one of the most boring albums I've ever heard...the band seems bored, lifeless playing the songs.

I don't like listening to WATT as much as some of the others, but it has some of my favorite lyrics. My senior quote was "The stage is set, don't forget to breathe." I wasn't even a huge Thursday fan, I just really, really liked that line and thought it fit for graduation. And I like everything about that song as a whole.

Saw their last tour in Cleveland last night. They played:

Open Quotes

For the Workforce, Drowning

Understanding in a Car Crash

Magnets Caught in a Metal Heart

No Answers

Sparks Against the Sun

At This Velocity

Division St.

Signals Over the Air

Cross Out the Eyes

Sugar in the Sacrament

Autobiography of a Nation

Counting 5-4-3-2-1

Resuscitation of a Dead Man

Encore:

Jet Black New Year

Turnpike Divides

It was good, but didn't really feel "special" or anything, in terms of song selection. I was kind of hoping they'd maybe throw in something off "Waiting" or a slightly more obscure B-side or something, but maybe they didn't have enough time to prepare that kind of stuff for this tour. I'm guessing the December shows will feature a lot more rare stuff than this tour does. (They have a fill-in keyboardist on this tour, so I imagine that plays a role in their set right now.)

I talked to both Tucker and Tom after the show and expressed my sadness at having never heard "Running From The Rain" live, in all the times I've seen them since that album came out. They both said it was one of their favorites but that it just never made it into the setlist. Sad panda.

i was at the chicago show last night. got there kind of late so i only saw the band that went on before Thursday (does anybody know what band they were?) and then obviously Thursday. i thought the setlist was pretty decent, and geoff made mention a bunch of times how chicago was a really special place to him and the band, and that they wanted to put on a really good show by playing some older stuff their last time in town. but, looking at the setlist scott posted, that seems to have all just been pandering to the crowd.

1. Open Quotes

2. For the Workforce, Drowning

3. Understanding in a Car Crash

4. Magnets Caught in a Metal Heart

5. I Am the Killer

6. No Answers

7. Sparks Against the Sun

8. At This Velocity

9. Division St.

10. Signals Over the Air

11. Cross Out the Eyes

12. Sugar in the Sacrament