Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amanda Palmer Polly (Nirvana Cover) 7"

• RYAN ADAMS Heartbreak a Stranger b/w Black Sheets Of Rain

• SUFJAN STEVENS/Rosie Thomas Hit & Run Volume 1 split 7"

• Xiu Xiu Always (Erasure cover) / Dirty Beaches "Tu Ne Dis Rein" (Francoise Hardy cover) split 7"

• M83 Mirror 7" (2000 copies)

• Mastodon/Feist Split A Commotion b/w Black Tongue 7”

• FUN The Ghost That You Are To Me (features 3 acoustic tracks on shaped vinyl, limited to 2000 copies)

• TAKING BACK SUNDAY LIVE (4 song 12"

• Hey Mercedes Hey Mercedes EP

• Cursive Burst and Bloom EP

• Phish Junta 3LP 180g Deluxe Set

• Straylight Run S/T LP

• Uncle Tupelo Still Feel Gone (180g LP)

• REFUSED The Shape of Punk to Come DELUXE LP

It's a frustrating year so far, in that most everything I'm interested in is acts that I'm sort of into--there's no "I GOTTA HAVE IT" releases:

-Morrissey remixed by Sparks 10"

-The Knack 1978 live 10" (they were a damn good live band)

-Carolina Chocolate Drops/Run-DMC 7"

-MC5/Bambatta 7"

-Whatever City & Colour release eventually gets announced

...and maybe the "controversial" (not) Fleetwood Mac 45 rpm reissue. During last year's RSD, I was on vacation so my pal of 20 years who owns the local shop took it upon himself to put a lot of stuff aside for me, including a few items that I didn't ask him for--like the "Rumors" re-release on 45. Since he'd done me such a great favor on all the other stuff, I kinda HAD to buy it...and dang if it wasn't the best thing I picked up. It really sounds amazing. My only regret is that he had 2 of 'em, and I wish I'd bought the other one so I could foist on to eBay--when I last looked a few months ago, they were going for $150.

The upside on being on vacation last year was that I was in Hawaii, so I went to RSD in paradise at Hungry Ear Records on Oahu—picked up some good stuff, made some new friends in the owners Ward and Dennie, and met Todd Rundgren who was doing an in-store there that day (signed the vintage Something/Anything promo LP I brought from home, too). No RSD will ever beat that for me, I suspect. :)

Good list from here:

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2012/02/record-store-day-5-april-21-2012-rsd12.html

• Original Soundtrack---Empire Records (2LP w/poster)

... Empire Records! hopefully it's a gatefold jacket with a Rex Manning spread on the inner jacket! ha.... There were tons of songs from the film that didn't make it on the official soundtrack, and there were some fan made bootlegs (track listings were chronological to the placement in the film). I'm hoping they don't fuck this one up and leave out those missing tracks..., however, I'm probably getting this one for sure...

Another 90's soundtrack that deserves a vinyl pressing.... Angus!

So, it's Empire Records and the Flaming Lips for me... maybe the Dirty Beaches split 7".

Good list from here:

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2012/02/record-store-day-5-april-21-2012-rsd12.html

• Original Soundtrack---Empire Records (2LP w/poster)

... Empire Records! hopefully it's a gatefold jacket with a Rex Manning spread on the inner jacket! ha.... I getting this one for sure..

That and the Flaming Lips for me... maybe the Dirty Beaches split 7".

oh shit i didn't see that, adding that to my list as well

I always overlook this thread because I always look past the sticky threads. So far I want a bunch of 7s and a few other things. I will be buying the majority well after the fact as they can be had dirt cheap later. One of my shops has had a ton of RSD stuff left for months at around 50% off retail. The whole 8 bucks for a 7" thing is horseshit. Kinda interesting that Pelican is doing another split with Playing Enemy.

LOL @ WB dumping old stock. Shit heads.