Best place to pre-order vinyl is?

Magic Bullet Records.

I asked the guy who runs Magic Bullet for pressing numbers on one of their releases and he responded by saying pressing numbers weren't available for it. Right.

Is this hard to believe? Maybe he just ordered the pressing a while ago, and didn't write it down, or maybe it was a pressing of United mix with arbitrarily assigned color names that he never bothered to count. Not everyone cares about giving out that information, Brent is pretty old school and generally hates "collector scum". That said, I own a lot of MBR releases, and I have dutifully tracked down pressing information for most of them to enter into my spreadsheet and satisfy my obsessive compulsive organizational tendencies. I totally understand Brent's point of view though.

I asked the guy who runs Magic Bullet for pressing numbers on one of their releases and he responded by saying pressing numbers weren't available for it. Right.

Is this hard to believe? Maybe he just ordered the pressing a while ago, and didn't write it down, or maybe it was a pressing of United mix with arbitrarily assigned color names that he never bothered to count. Not everyone cares about giving out that information, Brent is pretty old school and generally hates "collector scum". That said, I own a lot of MBR releases, and I have dutifully tracked down pressing information for most of them to enter into my spreadsheet and satisfy my obsessive compulsive organizational tendencies. I totally understand Brent's point of view though.

You raise some good points that I didn't consider. It just seemed like an odd response, considering he runs the label.