What records did you get for the Holidays?

rambo

isn't it a 2xlp? 30 bucks is more than reasonable for that...

Hey dont get me wrong $30 is reasonable for the nice packaging but when someone says "cheap" i think cheap. Like i just bought a get up kids LP for $8, thats cheap. Also i've bought new 2xLP sets in the past for $20 or less. Id say $30 isnt cheap, its just regular price.

Hey dont get me wrong $30 is reasonable for the nice packaging but when someone says "cheap" i think cheap. Like i just bought a get up kids LP for $8, thats cheap. Also i've bought new 2xLP sets in the past for $20 or less. Id say $30 isnt cheap, its just regular price.

yeah i guess that's true. i wouldn't say it's "cheap" per say, fair would be a better term.

i haven't bought a "punk" record in probably 3+ years, so i rarely get things like the 16 dollar 2xlp anymore, but most of the things i buy are nice 180g pressings with great packaging, so i don't mind spending extra for a good product. like the grateful dead - winterland '71 i got for christmas was 37 bucks for a 2xlp, but the sound is stellar, mastered directly from the analog reel masters, and the jacket is thick stock, just a great product all around, i would've bought it myself if it wasn't a gift.

http://s1282.beta.photobucket.com/user/donttchange/media/086763D9-DFE8-4DDE-A29F-D19E314813D2-8336-000002F46592D30E_zps62f4f260.jpg.html

Built to Spill - perfect & KILAS

Desaparecidos - read music/speak spanish

Killing Joke - brighter than a thousand suns

Replacements - don't tell a soul

Bright Eyes - christmas album

Underoath - define the great line

Strongarm - atonement

Beatles - sgt pepper

Doug Martsch - now you know

Love - forever changes

Rage Against the Machine - S/T

Poison the Well - opposite and tear

Everything I have bought myself/Been gifted so far. Still have my doghouse order, the burning airlines albums, a copy of "You In Reverse", and vinyl junkie order in the mail. Had a great holiday season.

Like I said, cheap to me because stuff like that usually goes for a lot more. Christ. I have bought records for $1. $8 isn't cheap, if that is how your logic works.

Like I said, cheap to me because stuff like that usually goes for a lot more. Christ. I have bought records for $1. $8 isn't cheap, if that is how your logic works.

where are you buying new records for $1?

or are you throwing used records into this? kinda changes that discussion haha...

No rekkids, just vinyl-related goodies: an Amazon gift card turned paid for most of an acrylic platter for my turntable, and the big deal was that I bought myself a present--a used VPI HW-17 record cleaning machine from a used record store for a fraction of the real cost (they're $1400 new). It's huge and noisy as hell, but I'm psyched to have it.

The Middle East - The Recordings Of The Middle East (From my Brother)

tumblr_mfpnuhPAmJ1qeyu9to1_500.jpg

Bombay Bicycle Club - Beg [12" Single] - (From my gran! Go gran.)

tumblr_mfpnr1sjMn1qeyu9to1_500.jpg

Lymbyc Systym - Symbolist (From me rents')

tumblr_mfpnnuYuYs1qeyu9to1_500.jpg

A friend also ordered me Bibio - Ambivalence Avenue (double LP) but it hasn't shipped yet.

I also ordered a ton of records with christmas money :)

I got a ton of stuff leading up to the holiday (but I can never seem to wait. I have to open and check everything).

Officially I got:

Green Day - Nimrod

Green Day - Insomniac

Midtown - Living Well Is The Best Revenge

Say Anything - Anarchy My Dear (Boxset)

Thursday - War All The Time

Senses Fail - Still Searching

So yes those who love me enough to gift me spent a lot of time on Hot Topic's website haha.